Method Community

Error on Sales Center Page

Last post 11-17-2010 2:53 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2010 1:58 PM

Error on Sales Center Page

I continue to receive the following error on the sales center dashboard page . . . even after closing my browser and trying again.

Sorry, but you've encountered an error try to view this page. If you continue to experience problems please try and close your browser, open a new browser and log back in.
    The screen you are trying to access does not exist. It may have recently been replaced or republished by another user of your system. Please try signing out and signing back in. If this issue persists, go to Customize > Tab Links, and make sure the Tab Link is correct for this screen.

• 11-16-2010 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: Error on Sales Center Page

Answer

Sounds like something isn't working properly in your account for that screen.  Can you please enable the Method Support user in your account?  This can be done by going to:

1. Customize > Users.
    2. Check the checkbox for "Active" for Method Support.  
    Once that is done, please email into method@methodintegration.com with your Company Account name.  We'll then take a look at this and see if we can determine what is happening.  Please don't post your Company Account name here as this shouldn't be public knowledge.
    Thanks,
    Danny

• 11-17-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

Ok, done.  Also, as a side note, the notification emails for updates to this forum have a REALLY LARGE FONT at the beginning of each email . . . so big I can't even read it.  If I scroll all the way down, I see the post in normal font. 

• 11-17-2010 1:45 PM In reply to

Brandon,

Thank you for sending in that information.  We were able to login to your account and see the issue.  We will reply back to you as soon as we have an answer and solution.  In the mean time, feel free to connect to QuickBooks as it shouldn't affect the dashboard screen. 

Regarding the emails, did you perhaps copy and paste your initial question into the forum?  It looks like it might just be some random HTML that is causing the large fonts.  We've seen this happen in the past for some forum posts when they are copied and pasted from Word or programs like it.  It only seems to be reported with your forum post so far.  

• 11-17-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

pdirect:

Ok, done.  Also, as a side note, the notification emails for updates to this forum have a REALLY LARGE FONT at the beginning of each email . . . so big I can't even read it.  If I scroll all the way down, I see the post in normal font. 

Brandon,

Update for you - the issue has now been resolved with your account.  We made sure all your account pages were working properly.  Should you still have issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Danny

• 11-17-2010 2:31 PM In reply to

Actually, now all of our Method pages are showing up in tiny 2 inch windows (vertically) and we need to scroll vertically to see the entire window.

• 11-17-2010 2:36 PM In reply to

Really?  Which browser are you using and which screen/tab are you clicking on?  I just tested out logging into your account in FireFox and Internet Explorer 8.0 and it appeared perfectly fine.  

Keep in mind that if you're using IE8, you'll need to go to Tools > Compatibility View Settings and check the check-box for "Display all websites in Compatibility View" is checked.

Cheers,

Danny

• 11-17-2010 2:39 PM In reply to

Thanks, it was an IE8 compatibility view problem.  I'm surprised that Method hasn't resolved that problem yet . . . esp. since you're using aspx pages, a Microsoft technology.

• 11-17-2010 2:53 PM In reply to

pdirect:

Thanks, it was an IE8 compatibility view problem.  I'm surprised that Method hasn't resolved that problem yet . . . esp. since you're using aspx pages, a Microsoft technology.

We're working on a bunch of changes on the back end.  Some of the updates will help to resolve these compatibility issues with IE8 and IE9.  Since it doesn't functionally cause problems, we aren't overly concerned with it right now.  Because we use iframes in Method, it makes things a little more complicated but we do intend to fix this. 

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly and have a great day!

Dan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)