Method Community

Currency and date conversions for users who are overseas

Last post 08-31-2010 10:20 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-24-2008 3:31 PM

Currency and date conversions for users who are overseas

One of our customers from the U.K. asked me this question directly, which is a very appropriate question for the forum:

"I have data that is usable, but it shows in $ not £, how can it be changed, and also the date is not in the correct dd/mm/yy format?"

We are currently working on conversion capabilities, but we don't have an ETA as to when it will be published as of yet. Like you said, you still can work with the data, but it's not convenient for you.  We appreciate your patience and will let you know ASAP once the conversion functionality is published.

• 01-05-2009 10:46 AM In reply to

Re: Currency and date conversions for users who are overseas

Hello everyone! 

I just wanted to update you on the fact that currency will now be reflected in Method as dictated by the Regional Settings on your computer.  If you're using Windows Vista, go to Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Regional and Language Options.  Set the locale to your preference and Apply the settings.  You'll need to restart your computer to have the changes take effect.  Then when you log onto Method, you should see the proper currency format reflected. 

We're still looking into options for correcting the date format as that's a bit trickier.  We'll notify you when the date format can be altered as well!

Wishing you a prosperous 2009!

• 08-30-2010 9:13 AM In reply to

• acldemac
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2010
    • UNITED KINGDOM
    • Posts 92

Hi Method!

I have all the date sin my screens in the wrong format [MMM-dd-yyyy] instead of [dd-MMM-yyyy] as setup in my Regional Settings (Windows 7). Currencies are showing correctly (£) so far.

I found this Post but not sure it reflects the last state of this issue, as it is more than one year old (5-1-2009 supose it is 5-Jan as it wishes a prosperous 2009 on the salutation... :-)) and it says you are still looking into it.

Hope you didn't take so long to find a fix to this for overseas customers... and it is me geting lost in some details...

Could you please point me on the right direction, so i can get the dates formated correctly for the UK ?

Thank you,

Antonio Macedo
    www.csconsult.co.uk

• 08-31-2010 9:29 AM In reply to

Hey Acldemac,

Currently you cannot change the default format of dates in Method, I am looking into when/if this will be brought back and will post an update as soon as I find more information about it.

• 08-31-2010 10:20 AM In reply to

Hey Acldemac,

I just wanted to add to my post.

Although you cannot change the way the date is formatted in Method, you are able to format the way the date is printed/emailed on a report.

If you want to change the date format on reports, open the report in the Report Designer. Once open select the date field you want to format and once in the properties window, you will be able to change the way the field is formatted.

When entering information on screen in Method, you must follow the current format, you can use the date picker or just type in the format of MMM-dd-yyyy.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)