Method Community

How to open the QB-Method Sync screen to change settings

Last post 12-03-2010 8:26 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2010 10:58 PM

• DaveS
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Boulder, Colorado
    • Posts 87

How to open the QB-Method Sync screen to change settings

Once QB and Method sync is set up and running, how do I open that initial QB-Method sync setting screen so I can change settings if needed? 

Dave Sakamoto CPA, MBA
    Founder and CEO Info On The Web
    Dave.Sakamoto@InfoOnTheWeb.com
  • 12-02-2010 11:09 PM In reply to

• hmsrpm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-12-2010
    • Ohio
    • Posts 19

Re: How to open the QB-Method Sync screen to change settings

Dave,

Go to the QuickBooks tab.  The first screen under there is Synchronize. 

I just learned a little trick.  This screen defaults to maintain transactions for only the most recent 30 days.  You need to change this option at the bottom of the screen if you would like to see more.

Heather

Heather Studer
  • 12-03-2010 1:51 AM In reply to

• DaveS
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Boulder, Colorado
    • Posts 87

Hi Heather, thank you for your input.  Unfortunately that sync screen in Method is not what I am looking for.  For a QB company I have already been syncing to Methods, I want to open the "QuickBooks - Application Certificate" screen which has the gold seal in the top L corner, and user can set the setting for "Do you want to allow this application to read and modify this company file? No / Yes, prompt each time, etc.  I just learned that in QB I can get to similar screen by Edit/ Preference/Integrated Applications.  But if possible I'd like to open that gold seal box again.

Question:  For a QB company already set up to sync, is there a way to open this "QB- Application Certificate" scsreen again, or does it only open once on the intial sync set up, and after that is only way to modify is by opening QB and doing the Edit/ Preference/Integrated Applications"?

Thank you.

Dave

Dave Sakamoto CPA, MBA
    Founder and CEO Info On The Web
    Dave.Sakamoto@InfoOnTheWeb.com
  • 12-03-2010 8:26 AM In reply to

Answer

Hello Dave,

QuickBooks lets you change all the settings that initial screen gives you under Edit -> Preferences -> Integrated Applications. However if you want to see that particular pop-up again, you have to remove the Method application from the list of integrated applications, restart quickbooks, and try to sync again. Syncing will cause the box to pop up again within QB.

Hope this helps,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)