Method Community

Is it possbile to insert a new value to a new line in grid

Last post 12-15-2010 5:08 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2010 11:47 PM

• ian
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-13-2010
    • Posts 48

Is it possbile to insert a new value to a new line in grid

I want to set up a combo item package in sales order, but I found i can only select one item at each time, is it possbile to have a function to insert a new item to a blank line or next line? I found if i using the "enter value to the filed function" the new value i entered will overide the value I entered before. Thanks for reply.

• 12-15-2010 9:33 AM In reply to

Re: Is it possbile to insert a new value to a new line in grid

Hi Ian,

Could you kindly elaborate on what you mean by "combo item package"? Are you trying to set-up a drop-down list that is pre-filled, are you trying to set up a group of items, or something else altogether? What are you trying to do?

ian:

"I found if i using the "enter value to the filed function" the new value i entered will overide the value I entered before. Thanks for reply."

Could you describe where and how you are trying to do this? If possible, please provide a screenshot.

• 12-15-2010 3:57 PM In reply to

• ian
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-13-2010
    • Posts 48

Thanks for reply, Denis, I was try to create a prefilled order, for example, if customer choose item "potato chips", then "dipping sauce" will be automatic entered in next line in Sales Order LIne or Invoice Line.Hopefully it is clear enough.

Ian

• 12-15-2010 5:08 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Ian,

In order for you to do the above, you have to use the groups feature. In Method, this is found under Home -> Items -> New Item... -> Group. Once you get to that screen, you can create a Gruop with Items listed in that group. Adding this group will allow you to create groups with sub-items that will populate when you add the group.

Let me know if this is what you are referring too.

Cheers
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)