Method Community

Lead Status for Vendor

Last post 01-08-2011 2:37 PM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2011 3:53 PM

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

Lead Status for Vendor

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion. As I am using QuickBooks to manage a homeowners association, I would like to be able to enter vendors in Method as Lead Status Only so that they don't come into the Vendor list in QuickBooks. This would be great for getting bids from multiple vendors before deciding on which vendor to use.

Thanks,

Brett

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

• 01-08-2011 2:37 PM In reply to

Re: Lead Status for Vendor

Answer

Brett - Thanks for the suggestion.  Keep 'em coming.

We actually had an open ticket as a suggested enhancement (#1779 FYII - I just invented a new acronym: “For Our Internal Information!).   We didn't pay it much attention because it seemed to be pretty obscure to come across the use case where you would have many leads as vendors.  But in the last couple weeks we've had a few requests, including yours, so we decided to act on it and push it out.  It should now be live in your account.

Keep in mind, though, that this is a ridiculously easy customization for any Method user to have done themselves.  All that it would have entailed is:

1. Make a copy of the Vendor List screen and replace the existing tab links to the old Vendor List screen.
    2. Drag the Is Lead Status Only field onto the screen.
    3. Optional, edit the Existing Vendors grid and add a grid filter for "Leads Only” where the only criteria is "IsLeadStatusOnly is YES".
    4. Republish.  It's Method...you can always take matters into your hands if you need a tweak!!

HTH,

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)