Method Community

Detail Section of Purchase Order Report

Last post 05-19-2009 3:37 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2009 12:19 PM

• Laura
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • Posts 5

Detail Section of Purchase Order Report

I've had a couple of problems in designing a report for Purchase Orders.  I cannot get the report to display all of the items properly in the detail section of the report.  Also, I cannot get the report to display certain fields until the user clicks "Save" on the screen.   For the details problem, I created the report using the PurchaseOrder table as the master table and the PurchaseOrderLine table as the detail table. -------- I added a Detail Report section to the report based on the PurchaseOrderLine table (but I've also tried it by just adding the fields directly into the Detail section): The problem is that for a PO with 3 different items, the report ends up listing the first item only but 3 times. The second problem is that the Ship To fields on the report show up as blank until the Save button is clicked on the PO form and the Report is refreshed.

• 01-05-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: Detail Section of Purchase Order Report

Hi Laura,

We`re taking a closer look at this and will have an update for you shortly.

Regards,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-06-2009 12:35 PM In reply to

Laura,

It looks like this is a bug with the developers of the report designer component we use.  While we work to get a permanent solution, you can follow the steps below for a fix.

1.    Click on the Detail Report band.
    2.    On the right hand side under ‘Property Grid’ look for ‘Data Member’.
    3.    Notice that it is likely “….” between the PurchaseOrder and PurchaseOrderLine.
    4.    Manually edit the Data Member so that it is just one “.”.
    5.    Click Tab on the keyboard.  It may replace the “.”by itself with “..”, but that’s okay.  
    6.    Preview the report and it should now work.

Hope this helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 05-18-2009 7:15 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I am working in the report designer and trying to copy sampleEstimate to a new file.  However, whenever I try to save as with the estimate.line in the detail table 1, I receive the following error: Failed at Context = 138.

Any thoughts?

• 05-19-2009 3:37 PM In reply to

Hi John,

When setting the Detail Table, please keep in mind that the Detail Table can connect to a Master Table when a Dropdown field joins it to the Master Table, using the format: DetailTable.JoinField. I'll need to clarify some things before I attempt to answer your question.  Which table is your Detail Table, Master Table and what is the Join Field?  In your case where is the 'line' (estimate.line) coming from?  Did you manually input estimate.line or was that an option in the Dropdown?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)