Method Community

Bugs

Last post 02-10-2011 4:33 AM by acldemac. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2009 9:52 PM

• RodM
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-02-2009
    • Posts 6

Bugs

I have come across what I think are two bugs it is at least unexpected behavior:

Bug #1

1. I added the Bank Number field onto the Add/Edit Account section of the Chart of Accounts screen.
    2. An account was selected and I typed a number into the Bank Number field. 
    3. Hit Save and the data appeared in my QuickBooks.  Great. 
    4. However, when the screen is refreshed the number that was just typed in is cleared and can no longer be accessed in the Method system. It stays the same in my QuickBooks data.

Bug #2

1. I copied the Checks screen 
    2. I modified the Numeric Field Formatting option on the Amounts field. 
    3. I erase the data and hit save.
    4. I open up the Amount field to the Numeric Field Formatting option and the data is still there.

The Numeric Field Formatting screen says it is Step 4 of 4 but it has a Next button which does nothing.

Lastly, what are the possible choices for this screen?

Thanks for your help,

Rod

• 01-09-2009 11:34 AM In reply to

Re: Bugs

Hi Rod,

Issue #1

Typically when you experience a synch issue there’s a couple of things you can do to try and isolate the problem. First you want to ensure that the Method Integration Engine is running. You’ll also want to keep an eye out for any unresolved conflicts which can be found from the Welcome screen under the Home tab. If any exist explore them further so you can make the appropriate changes in QuickBooks or in Method. This can be found from the QuickBooks tab under Resolve Conflicts.

What was happening here was not the result of a bug but rather some built in security preferences that QuickBooks enforces by default. So we’ve made a minor update and made this more visible. Below is a sample of what will now appear under Resolve Conflicts.

The BankNumber field in the Account 'Sample Account' has been modified on the Server. QuickBooks considers this sensitive information and therefore will only permit you access to the BankNumber if you do the following:

(1) In QuickBooks, go to Edit > Preferences.
    (2) Choose Integrated Applications.
    (3) Go to the Company Preferences Tab.
    (4) Click on Method Integration Engine for use with QuickBooks.
    (5) Click Properties.
    (6) Click the checkbox 'Allow this application to access Social Security Numbers, customer credit card information, and other personal data'.
    (7) Click OK.
    (8) In Method go to QuickBooks > Synchronization and perform a Full Synchronization.
    (9) Attempt to edit the Bank Number again for this account.

Issue #2

We are currently looking into the issues with the numeric field formatting and next button and will update you shortly.  You also asked about possible choices with the screen, can you explain this a little further?

Thanks,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-09-2009 1:06 PM In reply to

Rod submitted a response:

"Issue #1

Thank you the bank number issue makes sense. 

Issue #2

What are the possible entries into each of the fields?  Should the format field entry be 999,999,999 or ###,###,## or something else.  What about the other fields what do they do?  In my fields I had typed:

Format: 999,999,999
    Currency symbol: AMD
    Decimal Places: 2

It changed the output from $50000 to 50.  It does not seem to work as expected.

Rod"

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-12-2009 11:49 AM In reply to

We're still looking into Issue #2 for you, Rod.  Just checking the system to see if there is anything wrong with the code.  Will reply ASAP! 

Thanks!

• 01-14-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

Hi Rod,

As for the Format field, this functionality is not yet currently running.  It's been built into the system purposely because it will eventually function.  We have plans of getting that up and running ASAP and will let you know once it's functioning.  At that time we'll also inform you how to enter the formatting correctly, to give you the results you're looking for. In fact, I believe we're going to remove it from the wizard until the functionality is running so as not to mislead end users.

As for the Currency symbol field, this was previously working but something is preventing it from functioning properly.  We're looking into it now and should have it functioning within the next few days.  The way the it works is to simply enter the symbol itself, ie $ or £ into the field and it will show up to the left. 

The Decimal Places field seems to be working from my tests and you are formatting it correctly.  Please let me know if you cannot get it to work. 

Hope this helps!

• 02-09-2011 10:57 PM In reply to

Has there been an update to the Currency Symbol yet? I have seen that wherever an amount is displayed the "$" doesn't show up. I have entered the sign in the "Currency Symbol" field.

Thanks,

• 02-10-2011 4:33 AM In reply to

• acldemac
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2010
    • UNITED KINGDOM
    • Posts 92

Good timing matlow99! To the developers: please remember the customers abroad... I mean, outside the USA. A Currency Fix would be most appreciated. Cheers from the £££ driven UK!

Antonio Macedo
    www.csconsult.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)