Method Community

Go TO activity doesn't work

Last post 01-29-2009 4:28 PM by Matt. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2009 1:14 PM

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

Go TO activity doesn't work

From the call center dashboard, I click the My Activities tab. When I click GoTo for any of the activites in the grid I get a popup error that says:

Could not run the 'Show Screen In Popup' command, as there was a problem locating the Screen 'Add / Edit Activity'. This Screen may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen 'Add / Edit Activity' as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:3

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 01-29-2009 4:13 PM In reply to

Re: Go TO activity doesn't work

Matt,

If you think back, have you deleted the 'Add / Edit Activity' screen or done any customization that could have lead to this? If you’ve deleted the screen go back and copy it in and be sure to double check the actions for the GoTo link on that grid.

From what you’ve described you get the message when you click GoTo from the Activities grid. You’ll notice the message also came with some additional information about ‘Action Sequence Order:3’ telling us Method got stuck on the 3rd action. This is easily fixed by editing the Activities grid on the Call Center Dashboard Screen. At Step 2 of 8 on the Grid Wizard click the actions for GoTo… and edit the 3rd action Show Screen In Pop Up. The first dropdown should list ‘New Activity’ because 'Add / Edit Activity' is only the Pop Up Screen Caption and not the name of the screen. Continue making sure the rest of the action is ok and click Save & Close.

Another approach is to copy the Call Center Dashboard screen form the Method Library and replace the current link to show the new copied screen. Make sure the ‘New Activity’ screen is in Method first. Careful, doing it this way you'll lose any customization to this screen.

Hope that helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 01-29-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

Re: Go TO activity doesn't work

Thank you.

It was the screen caption in the error message instead of the screen name that threw me off.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)