Method Community

Method Assignment of Ref Numbers

Last post 05-16-2011 8:53 AM by jnoneiliv1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2011 5:28 PM

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Method Assignment of Ref Numbers

Anyone tried the Method assignment of ref numbers feature?

In limited testing I'm not getting the Invoice ref number assigned promptly by method, it appears to still wait for QB.  I did a full sync just prior to enabling and watched the integration engine on both server and client, but couldn't see anything out of sorts.

I'll try some more characterization, maybe another full sync, etc. to see if things sort out.  Not sure I can dedicate all new record entry to Method yet, so I'll experiment a bit before worrying too much about it.

Cheers,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 05-15-2011 7:07 PM In reply to

Re: Method Assignment of Ref Numbers

Answer

James - do any of your invoice numbers have a dash ("-") in them? If so, that could throw off the algorithm that calculates the max invoice number (it's complicated stuff since we need to efficiently figure out if an invoice # "ab123cd" is less than or greater than "122" along with thousands of your other invoices).

We have the "-" issue tracked down and will be in the next platform update, which will either be early this week or late next week.  

For the mean time, if you do have a "-" in one or more of your invoice numbers you could replace it with any other character and the issue would likely be resolved.

Paul

• 05-16-2011 8:53 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Re: Method Assignment of Ref Numbers

Paul,

No dashes, but we do have a few Invoice Numbers with alphabetic characters in them, not sure why, maybe something to do with credit memos and user error.

Your advice in the Blog to make sure that only Method is used, or only QB is used to enter Invoices etc. when auto ref number assignment is turned on sounds very important as I can envsion easily causing trouble with the Max Number calculation if we enter variously formatted Invoice numbers.

This is a great feature, I hope it doesn't cause a lot of support issues, and I'm looking forward to going 100% Method for some of these business process.

Cheers,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)