Method Community

Link (Join) Customer table with Sales Receipt Line in Method Report

Last post 06-02-2011 10:42 AM by Geekoid. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2011 4:50 PM

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

Link (Join) Customer table with Sales Receipt Line in Method Report

Hello,

I'm trying to create a report based off of the SalesReceiptLine table that will also include data from the Customer table, such as e-mail address. However, even though I have the linked field "Customer" added to the SalesReceiptLine table, I still can't create this report when using the Customer table as the master (SalesReceiptLine.CustomerRef is not available to add as an additional detail table).

Furthermore, why is the Customer table not available as an additional detail table when using the SalesReceiptLine table as the master?

After some investigation, I believe the linking is tied to adding a dropdown field to the SalesReceiptLine table. However, when I tried doing this, it removed another dropdown field that linked to one of my new tables. Now, I'm getting a persistant error message when I try saving the editing fields screen for the SalesReceiptLine table. Also, I get a huge SQL error pop up when trying to open the report I had created, which no longer works. Uh oh, did I break something?

...and now the SalesReceiptLine table doesn't even show up in the list of tables in the Report Designer, and there is no line item detail on Sales Receipts.

Surprise

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

• 06-02-2011 8:13 AM In reply to

Re: Link (Join) Customer table with Sales Receipt Line in Method Report

HI Brett,

Can you send me screenshots of the errors that you are getting?

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 06-02-2011 9:17 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Brett

Here's what's worked for me.  In the SalesReciept table link the customer fields you need (email, phone,....) via the customer dropdown. Now if you base your report on the salesreceipt table as master and salesreceiptline table as a detail you can use this to build a complete sales receipt report.

If you're after building a report base solely on the salesreceiptline table, in addition to adding the fields to the salesreceipt table you'll need to add them to the salereceiptline table by adding the fields linked via the salereceipt recordID dropdown.  

Hope this helps.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-02-2011 10:09 AM In reply to

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

Interestingly, the error messages went away...maybe because I requested a full sync, which happened last night. However, I did notice that the additional fields that I added to the SalesReceiptLine were there. They are dropdown fields (not linked) that use an existing table (such as the customer table). So my next question is, how do I delete them? There isn't a link to do this, so I just leave them there?

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

• 06-02-2011 10:42 AM In reply to

• Geekoid
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2010
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 420

LaCrews:

If you're after building a report base solely on the salesreceiptline table, in addition to adding the fields to the salesreceipt table you'll need to add them to the salereceiptline table by adding the fields linked via the salereceipt recordID dropdown.  

Hope this helps.

Mark, that was exactly what I needed. Thank you! I'm glad I stopped working yesterday; you saved me a bunch of time. Time

Brett
    Go Get Geek!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)