Method Community

Calendar sync

Last post 07-05-2011 1:54 PM by Method_Victor. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2011 5:32 PM

Calendar sync

I am still unable to get Outlook Calendar to sync with Method.  I have uninstalled the old version and re-installed the new.  It worked for a short time, even though I had the old add-in icons as well as the new icons. 

Then when opening Outlook, I received an add in error message.  I lost the new icons and was left with the old.

Today, I have uninstalled the add-in completely.  The old icons still remain in Outlook.

When I try to re-install the new version, I now receive an error message at the end as follows:

"The following Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error: OutlookMethodSync.vsto"

0x80131604

Not sure what to do at this point.

• 06-16-2011 3:09 PM In reply to

Re: Calendar sync

Hi,

According to Microsoft, the message "The following Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error: OutlookMethodSync.vsto" means that you don't have .NET Framework 4.0 installed or your version of .NET Framework is corrupt.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982305

You can try installing it by downloading from following location Download the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime package now.

Soon, we will release a new version of Outlook Plug-in that should not have so many installation problems.

Thank you

Victor

• 06-17-2011 1:52 PM In reply to

Hi Marti,

After a lot of research I've found out that the reason for installation problems can be either corrupt .NET Framework or corrupt Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime. I've also been able to find a computer with similar symptoms to yours, where installation and re-installation of the plug-in haven't given any results... then after reading dozens of forum posts I've tried unistalling the plugin, unistalling Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime and unistalling .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and repairing .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, and then installing everything back... and that solved all of the problems.

So, try uninstalling all of the above and I really hope it works for you.

Thank you

Victor

• 06-17-2011 7:13 PM In reply to

Victor,

Thanks for your response.  I have .Net Framework 1.1, 2.0 Service Pack 2, 3.0 Service Pack 2, 3.5 SP1, 4 Client Profile and 4 Extended.  Can I leave all earlier versions alone and simply uninstall 3.5 SP1 and repair 4?

Where do I find Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime to re-install?

Thanks for your help.

• 06-20-2011 8:05 AM In reply to

Hi Marti,

Yes, you can for sure leave .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0, since the problem seems to occur only in version 3.5 and version 4.0 of the .NET Framework.

The link to Visual Studio Tools for Runtime 4.0 is http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20479

Thank You

Victor

• 06-29-2011 6:01 PM In reply to

Victor,

I have uninstalled the Method Plug In, uninstalled Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime, uninstalled .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and repaired .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.  This required a reboot.

I re-installed Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime from the link provided.  vstor40_x64.exe failed to install but vstor40_x86.exe did install successfully.

I re-installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Full Package).  I checked the Microsoft website for any missing updates and it found another .NET Framework update that needed to be added.  I allowed this to happen.  I restarted my computer.

I re-installed the Method Plugin v40.  I have the old setup screen and no calendar functionality.  :/  What now?

• 06-30-2011 8:26 AM In reply to

Victor,

As an FYI, when I remove the Method Outlook plugin, the Setup and Add to Methrod CRM icons are still showing onthe Outlook Add-in tab.

• 06-30-2011 8:56 AM In reply to

Hi Marti,

Did it say that it instaled successfully or did you still get the "The following Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error: OutlookMethodSync.vsto" error message?

If it said that it was installed successfully and you have Outlook 2010, can you download a new patch I've released today (http://www.methodintegration.com/MethodOutlookAddIn/MethodOutlookAddIn.exe)?

If it wasn't successfull, did you get any new error messages?

And also, if you see old Method Outlook plug-in buttons, that may be a cause of the problem, since old and new versions might be conflicting. You might need to remove it first. I beleive old Method Outlook plug-in was called MethodCRM, so try uninstalling it first.

Thank you

Victor

• 06-30-2011 9:36 AM In reply to

Victor,

No, it evidently did not re-install correctly, because when I opened Outlook I received an error message "An add in could not be found or could not be loaded".

I have uninstalled the plug in again.  I have also repaired the .NET and Visual Studio.

The only Method applications that show in Add/Remove Programs are

Method Integration Engine

Method Listener

Method Report Designer

• 07-04-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

Victor,

Since using add remove programs did not actually remove the plug in, is there another way to remove the old add-in?

• 07-04-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

Victor,

In viewing all of the programs in Add/Remove, I discovered another Method program under "O" for Outlook for Method Integration.  I have uninstalled this and the old icons are now gone from Outlook.

I will go through the uninstall/reinstall process again and see if this fixes things.

• 07-04-2011 5:50 PM In reply to

Victor,

Success!!! 

• 07-05-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

I am really happy for you!!! Hopefully you'll enjoy using Outlook Plug-In.

Victor

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)