Method Community

Creating new job under customer

Last post 03-23-2009 2:50 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2009 7:05 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Creating new job under customer

With our workflow, we need to create new sub-customer / job under each primary customer. In QB when I create a new sub-customer / job under the primary customer, QB copies the same information into the sub-customer / job then I modify it to that site/information. For example: primary customer (ABC) and  sub-customer / job FA Inspections (ABC:FA inspections).  In method can I make it so when creating a new sub-customer / job it copies the primary information?

• 03-18-2009 8:28 AM In reply to

Re: Creating new job under customer

Of course that's something you can do.  Here's some advice on how to do it:

On the Customer List screen, you may want to consider moving the Job of Customer field to the Address Info section (it's currently in the Additional Info section) and then set up actions that retrieve the address info from the Customer table for the parent customer.  You can either add a button that when clicked pulls the parent address info, or I would prefer to trigger the action on text change of the Job of Customer field. 

Good luck with the customization and remember to back up your original screen first so you can always revert back to your original!  Or feel free to take advantage of our promotion and have us do the customization for you - 30% off all customization packages.  Cool

• 03-23-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I would like to schedule some consulting time, please.  I'm having problems making it work.

John

• 03-23-2009 2:50 PM In reply to

I'll have your Business Systems Consultant contact you ASAP to get that booked for you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)