Method Community

Appointment Sync

Last post 08-17-2011 10:00 AM by Method_Victor. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2011 11:57 AM

Appointment Sync

When adding a new appointment to Method from Outlook, I get the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1253"?>

<MethodAPI response = "Failure.The SQL returned the following error: Invalid column name OutlookSyncId".

Invalid column name OutlookSyncId".

Invalid column name OutlookApplicationId".">

</MethodAPI>

When I answer OK to this message I receive the following message:

Cannot find table 0.

When I answer OK to this message I receive the following message:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Cannot find table 0.

at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Inter32 index)

at OutlookEAsyMailAddIn.MethodAppointmentHandler.doSynchronization(frmSetting appointment Setting)

How do I resove this issue?  Thanks.

• 08-08-2011 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: Appointment Sync

Hi Marti,

In order to make it easier to debug the problem, can you please send me a private message with contents of the file called MethodSynchronizationSettings.xml. This file should be located at following location: C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Method\.

Also, can you tell me if earlier versions of Outlook Plug-In were installed on your PC?

Thank you

Victor

• 08-08-2011 3:28 PM In reply to

Hi Marti,

Can you try to do the following and then tell me if it helps:

1. Click Method Setup icon

2. Under Method Account Settings Tab enter your information and click "Save"

3. Under Appointment Details Tab enter all appropriate information and click "Save Sync Settings"

4. Click Exit

5. Select a single appointment and click "Send Selected Appointment To Method". Go through sync wizard.

6. If synchronization was successfull, try adding an appointment the way you did earlier.

7. Reply to me saying whether the steps above worked or not.

Thank you

Victor

• 08-08-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

Victor,

No luck.....I also had the "Assign QuickBooks categories" activated.  I thought maybe this was causing the problem.  I've inactivated this feature and I'm still getting the same result.  :/

• 08-17-2011 7:43 AM In reply to

No luck.  After performing the above steps, I still get the same messages when saving.  I don't have any problems adding as activity from email, just the calendar.

• 08-17-2011 8:29 AM In reply to

Hi Marti,

I've tried replicating your problem, but unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the problem you were experiencing. I did however modify your account in such a way, that this error message should go away and synchronization should go smoothly. Please try synchronizing appointment again and tell me if it works now, or if it still gives you the same message.

Thank you

Victor

• 08-17-2011 9:36 AM In reply to

I've tried syncing again and it now works.

Victor, could this have anything to do with the fact that I was, at one point, trying to use the Outlook category color coding feature?

• 08-17-2011 10:00 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Marti,

I am happy that it works for you now. The problem for sure has nothing to do with category color coding feature, since Outlook Plug-in fully supports and implements appointment color coding.

For example for all appointments that have status completed in Method, you can assign color red, and every time you synchronize appointments, all "red" appointments will be assigned category "Completed" when synchronized from Outlook to Method and all completed appointments will automatically get a "red" category in Outlook, when synchronized from Method to Outlook.

Thank you

Victor

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)