Method Community

Can't Print as Regular(restricted) user

Last post 03-31-2009 9:41 PM by Method_Paul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2009 6:26 PM

Can't Print as Regular(restricted) user

Hello,

I'm getting ready to go live with our Customer Support Pages/Reports that I created with Method tomorrow.  Everything is working fine, but if I log in as someone else (NOT ME, I'M AN ADMIN) the print preview buttons only pull up the print screen but don't fill any data into them.  Is there something that needs to be allowed for a normal user to see data in print preview?  I've tried allow all tables and allow all customize screens for the user but still no data.  Please advise ASAP, I'm a little under the gun.

:)

thx 

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 03-31-2009 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: Can't Print as Regular(restricted) user

There are no additional steps that need to be taken to allow for another user to access the report.  There are controls in the Tab Group/Role setup where you can grant a user permission to create/edit reports, but there are no limits on a user viewing the report.  For instance, if you didn't want a particular user in a specific Role to see a report, you would create a separate screen for that Role that doesn't have the report on it. 

This is where it's always hard trying to foresically diagnose someone else's customization job.   I'm a bit concerned by your use of the term "Regular(Restricted) user, so my suggestion to you is to go through your User's properties and your Tab Groups/Roles and verify all the settings there.  I went in and tested a sample account and saw no difference between my Admin role and my limited user.  Retrace your steps and see if you're trying to access the report any differently as the Regular user.  One other thing you can try doing is copying the screen with the report.  Sometimes just that does the trick.  Additional information that you can provide to me would be great to help you out further.

• 03-31-2009 9:49 AM In reply to

You may also want to try this work-around to see if there is an issue with the report itself.  But it doesn't seem like this is the same issue.  Please see Valbon Shabani's post at the bottom with the Report Designer work-around and let me know what happens!  Thanks!!!  Click here to view: http://methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/147/368.aspx#368

• 03-31-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

I fixed the print preview issue.  I had to check “Design Reports” for the Quality Reports Tab.

I'm still not sure why as an Admin I could still pull up the data in the report but as a regular user I couldn't.

What I was refering to as "regular(restricted)" user was just someone who was NOT an Admin.

Was there a different way to do this or do I need to make sure all my Tabs can "Design Reports"?

thanks,

Wavetec

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 03-31-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

I see.  No, there’s nothing else that I’m aware of that you would need to do.  Again, it could’ve been something along the way that just wasn’t entered in right.  Not sure from here.  But everything is currently working as it should for this report?

• 03-31-2009 9:41 PM In reply to

Wavetec -

We looked into it and it was too restrictive in the back end.  The Design Report permission was stretched out to the open report permission, which was not what we had originally intended.

We have fixed this.  You should be able to switch back now and remove the Design Report permissions on those users who shouldn't have the Design Report permission.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)