Method Community

Time display on calendar view bug

Last post 06-29-2009 8:56 AM by Anonymous. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2009 12:50 AM

• Gavin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2009
    • Posts 5

Time display on calendar view bug

I am trying to have the calendar view display from 6am to 6pm, but the times down the side of the calandar seem to only display from midnight through to 9am.  I have tried to change this under the customise tab but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Gav

• 04-20-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

Re: Time display on calendar view bug

Hi Gavin,

What steps did you take when trying to make changes? You’d have to customize the screen the calendar is found on and then edit the Calendar object from there. This brings you to the Calendar Wizard which has 7 steps. Change the Day Start Time and Day End Time in step 1.

Hope that helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 05-19-2009 12:52 AM In reply to

• Gavin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2009
    • Posts 5

Hi Valbon,

I did exactly that and nothing seems to change when i go back and view the calenday under the Field Services tab.  The calendar does correctly display that i am in Eastern Australia, but the time display down the side of the calandar is not changing

• 05-19-2009 12:59 AM In reply to

• Gavin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2009
    • Posts 5

Also - where is the time display generated from?

• 05-19-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

Hi Gavin,

I was able to duplicate your scenario on my end by changing my time zone. The reason your calendar time does not match the start and end time from the calendar properties is because of the time zone difference.  We are looking into this and I'll follow up with you once it has been updated. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• 06-12-2009 12:33 AM In reply to

• Gavin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2009
    • Posts 5

ANy progress on this issue?  Without it the calendar is not really of much use?

Gavin

• 06-12-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

Hi Gavin,

Yes, we have made some progress.  So far we have updated the calendar so the time ruler shows correctly now, i.e., the correct time as per your time zone will show up along the left side of the calendar. 

However, there is a small part that has to be tweaked and that will be going out in our next update in a couple of days.  Currently if an appointment is scheduled for the first 2 hours of the time ruler, then it wouldn’t show.  Example: if the first day is Monday and the time ruler shows from 8am to 6pm and the job is scheduled for 9am it will not show, but for 10:30 it will show. This will be resolved during the next update.

• 06-15-2009 8:34 PM In reply to

• 1strate
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 24

Has this bug been fixed?

Also, I'm trying to have the calendar show "all day events" in the calendar.  Most of my work orders don't have a specific start/end time so I would like them to show up on the day with no specific time.  In my calendar setup, I chose the "show all day event area" option but I can't seem to get it to display any differently than without choosing that option.  What is the trick to have items show up in the "All day event" area?  Do I need to make it a 24 hour event (i.e. 12 a.m. to 12 a.m.)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

James Stapleton

Regards,
    James Stapleton
    1st Rate Pool Service, Inc.
  • 06-16-2009 2:41 PM In reply to

Hi James,

The update to reflect appointments scheduled for first 2 hours of the time ruler should go out by the end of this week.

I'm currently looking into how you would go about entering work orders without specific start/ end times and for them to show up as 'All day events'. I'll follow up with you as soon as I have an update.

• 06-18-2009 2:06 PM In reply to

Hi James,

The 'trick' to have a work order show up as an all day appointment is to copy the FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder screen and then add the existing field "Is All Day Appointment" to that screen. 

If you want the 'all day' work order to show up in the 'All day event area' portion of the calendar then you would have to ensure that the "Show All Day Event area" is checked in the calendar preferences.  The all day event area would appear on the top portion of the calendar.  This way once you have specific time you can then drag and drop the work order to the correct time slot.  Tip this feature will be out next week.

If you want the work order to show up on the calendar all day, example 8am - 5pm then uncheck the "Show All Day Event area" in the calendar preferences.

• 06-29-2009 8:56 AM In reply to

Hi James,

The update went out this weekend, you should now be able to see work orders appearing in the 'all day event area' of your calendar.  To enable this feature you need to check 'Show All Day Event Area' under the Field Services calendar preferences.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)