Method Community

Shipping field

Last post 09-14-2011 12:53 PM by jnoneiliv1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2011 9:21 AM

Shipping field

On the estimate form there is no way to put in shipping charges. When can you do that and get back to me.

• 09-12-2011 11:45 AM In reply to

Re: Shipping field

Hi Jonmully,

Are you referring to having shipping charges automatically calculated based on the ship to address? If so, I am not sure if or when it will be added. As far as I know it is not something we are currently working on. If you are referring to something else can you please give me some additional details?

-Michael 

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 09-12-2011 12:06 PM In reply to

Hi Micheal

If someone is looking for automatically calculated shipping charges,  we've already tackled this for another client through customization.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 09-12-2011 12:22 PM In reply to

Answer

Jonmully-

Are you an QuickBooks online user? If so we may actually be able to do what you are looking be default (We are just waiting on Intuit to resolve some bugs).

Mark- 

It is possible to calculate shipping charges through customization if the user wishes to go that route and maybe you could help Jonmully out.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 09-14-2011 12:53 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Jonmully,

We are frequently charging for Motor Freight shipping, but it would work for Package as well.  I have just created a "Prepaid Freight" Item as an Other or Service type item in QB.  I could have done this in Method, but the synch creates this in Method as well.

This is just entered like any other line item in the Estimate, Sales Order, or Invoice.  Just choose the name well as your user will need to know what to start typing to get the Freight line items to filter efficiently when entering the line.

You could create a bunch of Prepaid Freight Items, one for each state, or other way to have different amounts, or you can update the price on the Sales Order or Invoice when you get the actual freight bill.

It can be useful to think of ANYTHING you might want to charge a customer for as a Line Item.  In many ways QB and Method treats ALL line items the same (calculation of taxes is maybe the biggest exception.)  QB provides several Item types you can use including NonInventory, Other, and Service.  I think for most purposes these categories don't really do anything in QB, but they can be very useful down the line.  For example I put anything I want to Invoice the user but NOT see on a Packing list into the Other category.  Anything I put into the Service category of Item type will also print on the Packing List.

And, finally, just remember that ANY item you have on your Sales Order, must be Invoiced or else the Sales Order will remain Open.  As soon as all items are Invoiced, I forget whether by QTY or dollar amount, the Sales Order will automatically Close in QB, and therefore also in Method which helps you filter only Open Sales Orders.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)