Method Community

Customize Search Window

Last post 09-27-2011 2:29 PM by pdirect. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2011 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: Customize Search Window

Locked Reply Contact

Also, I've spent yesterday and today trying to add ONE FIELD, just one.  Should it really be THAT difficult?!

• 09-27-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

And last, what if this is an error in Method and that's why it's not working.  I'm not saying it is, but what IF it is?  You'll never know and I'll never have this resolved because you never looked into it.  Michael said it "appeared" to work when he tried.  But who knows what his setup is and if it really worked. 

• 09-27-2011 1:48 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

pdirect,

We are listening and are fully transparent with our users and partners in the community.  We will continue to add product enhancements, feature updates and other support resources.  However, if you are unable to get the exact answers from our forum to solve your exact problem, that’s why we have consulting time.

Yes, we can always make things easier and we continue to strive for this goal.   Creating a configurable web platform that is easy to use is certainly challenging but we’ll keep working at it and are always open to suggestions.

The reason this forum post was locked was because Michael has already addressed this question to the best of his ability over the forum.  Any further help on this topic would need to be done over consulting time.

Thank you for your continued feedback.

• 09-27-2011 2:29 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

I just found the problem. Michael had said, “The CRM_Search_CustomerList is based on the Contacts table” as well as “The CustomerType field is a text field(Linked) within the Contacts table as previously mentioned” which led me to believe I needed to select the "Contacts:Customer Type" field from the dropdown list in step 3 of 9 when editing the grid filter. 

But instead, I needed to select the "Customer Type" field (which I didn't even notice before).  Of course I have no idea what the difference is between "Contacts:Customer Type" and "Customer Type" fields . . . and I dare say neither would the average Method user.  So this 2 day project could have been solved in less than a minute with a clear explanation of the necessary selections or a simple screenshot or KB article explaining the correlation of the various entities.

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2