Method Community

Quantity on Hand changes when work order created instead of invoiced

Last post 07-13-2016 5:33 PM by Dustin Schieler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2011 11:37 AM

Quantity on Hand changes when work order created instead of invoiced

Hi everyone,

We are about to start utilizing the inventory feature and one thing that we noticed is the quantity on hand does not actually change unless an invoice has been created.

In our industry, we service pools on a weekly basis and during those weekly visits we will need a part from inventory to be added to a customer's pool. However, we do not invoice the customer until the end of the month.

Is there a way to have the quantity on hand change when an item is added to a work order, rather than waiting until it gets invoiced?

Any help appreciated.

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 11-29-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

Re: Quantity on Hand changes when work order created instead of invoiced

Answer

Bryan-

That value is brought straight from QuickBooks, and there is no way to change that, however you potentially add another column to your items grid and using an SQL override get the qty used on Work Orders that have not been invoiced for that item. This might be really tricky to set up but it should work.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 07-13-2016 5:33 PM In reply to

Re: Quantity on Hand changes when work order created instead of invoiced

Can you elaborate on how you would do this to control the quantity on hand from the Method UI in a web browser?  I tried doing something similar by enabing the field with a button in the Inventory Items edit screen.  I can edit the quantity, but the quantity will not update/save.  I'd like to force QuickBooks to accept the new quantity.  I understand that manually overriding and editing that number can be disturous as far as how QuickBooks would not be able to track why the quantity changed, but my client is already tracking inventory manually with spreadsheets and I'm trying to get them to migrate over to using QuickBooks to manage the inventory counts correctly.  This will really only be used initally, to set thier begining counts.  The idea is to be able to set the original counts on a mobile device, in the wherehouse, live.

Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)