Method Community

Sales followup question / idea / feedback

Last post 12-14-2011 12:47 PM by John M. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2011 8:13 PM

Sales followup question / idea / feedback

So i'm not sure if this has been done or what people in the "sales" world think of this, does method currently have an email notification somewhat similar to the way when i have an admin enter me a sales lead and assign it to me.  that i could almost (and this is where i'd like feedback) send a similar email to the customer where it's almost like comming from "third party" to followup and kind of say hey? what's the status of your job are you not intrested in the product? was the price too much? etc etc. it would maybee force feedback out of them? maybee they would feel more comfortable clicking on the link that it would then send them to update their status? it would also give them the ability to click some boxes and request a followup in say 3 months they could almost automate their own followup process without me having to lift a finger they'd be able to feel better about clicking no longer interested kind of like unsubscribing from an email list and this way i could kind of force some different feedback out of them.  Example in my industry lets say they click a button that says update opportunity to closed so i don't receive more email.  Then it would ask them to select a reason they could then put "too much money"  this could then generate another type drop down that would say are you aware we sometimes have refurbished systems that we get from foreclosure customers would you be intrested in a system if we were able to knock $1,000 off the price?  then lastly it could say ok sorry to see you not become a customer remember you can also subscribe to our monthly fogging service starting at a low low price of $90 per month

so multi part what do you think of this type of opportunity followup in the sales world?

has it been done yet or something similar?

can it be done, and roughly how long do you think it would take to get this to work?

somewhat non related question sometimes my email address goes to spam in people's folders is it an option to continue to utilize your mail server if we want?  example sometimes when i do email followup I feel like they might not get the email

• 12-13-2011 9:31 AM In reply to

Re: Sales followup question / idea / feedback

MisterBill-

Something like this could be possible with Method using the Portal, there is a flag for Opt out of marketing for contacts which could be what is used to determine who gets further emails from Method.

As to how long it will take to implement something like this its really hard to say there are alot of variables and aspects that would have to be dicussed in detail.

I personally have not set something up like this before but I invite any users who has to post what they have done. Smile

MisterBill:
    somewhat non related question sometimes my email address goes to spam in people's folders is it an option to continue to utilize your mail server if we want?  example sometimes when i do email followup I feel like they might not get the email

We do not have an option to continue sending email through our servers. A solution to this may be to use an email relay service.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 12-13-2011 8:43 PM In reply to

basically what i'm trying to do is help automate my sales followup and make it easier for someone to "say no thanks" since as we all know in sales a no is better than an unknown so i figure if they can click kind of like an opt out or they get an email that keeps emailng them asking where they stand do they need more info? are they wanting to purchase but just want to wait xx months, etc etc.  i just hate all these that basically i can never hear from again.  if something like this has been done or something similar do you guys there at method all talk amongst yourselves and say oh hey yea i've done that before for this company and then for example if what i'm asking for is some major money can i offer to send them a few bucks then have you customize the rest of the way? or how can i get a rough idea of what this would take?

Second part of this question would be so there are tons of sollutions out there to "sales followup automation" since method is so transparent and configurable if I was to look for something else out there to integrate with method, what trigger words would i look for, for something that would work with your product?

• 12-14-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

MisterBill-

To get a better idea of the cost of this we would need to do some scoping, which is basically a paid session where we would spend 30 minutes to an hour discussing the details of this and hammering out the specific details of this. If i was to put a figure on this with the current amount of detail provided I would say about 4 hours (Really rough estimate). We here at Method do talk about projects we have worked on and all Method employees read the forums.

MisterBill:
    Second part of this question would be so there are tons of sollutions out there to "sales followup automation" since method is so transparent and configurable if I was to look for something else out there to integrate with method, what trigger words would i look for, for something that would work with your product?

Maybe constant contact will work for you in addition to Method, there is an App for Method that was created that works with constant contact, if you go to Customize > My Account you can see the list of apps you can install (If you have Method CRM Pro).

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 12-14-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

Answer

MisterBill

I have never seen anything or been though anything what you have proposed today.  I do know if i send a proposal to a new customer...and i dont hear back from them, then i call or visit them.  When a future customer is thinking about your price its the human touch that could  make the whole sale.  I have clients that want their bills handed to them then hand me back a check becasue thay love that personal interaction. And i have some clients that only want to be contacted by email.  I am not sure what kind of business you have, but i give my customers options and they love it. That alone sets me apart from the other bidders.  To them its like going to McDonalds, picking and choosing what serivce they want and they feel in control with that.  If people see you made the effort of showing up to a home or office, it tells them you took the time to visit them and in the long run it pays off. Good Luck

John M

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)