Method Community

Side By Side Sections

Last post 01-12-2012 4:47 PM by smohyee. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2011 3:03 PM

Side By Side Sections

Other than the first section on a screen, is it possible to put sections side by side?

Thx...

Blake C
  • 12-15-2011 9:38 AM In reply to

Re: Side By Side Sections

Answer

Blake-

At the moment is is not possinle to have sections side by side. However we do have a suggestion put in to have the last section show up on the right of the screen but I don't know if or when it will get added.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 12-15-2011 10:46 AM In reply to

Thx. That suggestion seems kind of weird to me.

The section headers look nice and fit in the app well...it would be nice if we could simply put those wherever we wanted with additional styling options, as well. Okay, now I'm making (possibly dumb) suggestions...

Thx again

Blake C
  • 12-15-2011 10:59 AM In reply to

Blake,

Certainly not dumb suggestions.  I wished for some of these things myself while designing CRM 2.0 (the current CRM) but right now we have some limitations in the current designer screen.  Long term, we'll probably have a newer version of the designer screen that will allow your creative juices to flow.  No time line on this but it is on our radar.

The suggestion we do have in the pipeline right now is allowing a designer to move the last section to the right.  This is reachable with the current designer.

As always, thanks for the suggestions and happy designing.  Cool

• 01-12-2012 4:47 PM In reply to

Hi guys,

I found this thread cuz I had the same question as the OP. My followup question: but what about the "Sales Order", "Purchase Order", "Invoice", etc screens?

The Sales Order screen has a section on the left side of the screen (with a grid for listing existing Sales Orders), and the remaining sections (with the fields for entering the new Sales Order) are on the right side. This is an appearance I'd like to replicate, but when I look through the configuration of the screen I can't tell how you did that! You don't seem to have edited the section settings at all.

Are those screens actually replicable using Method's designer?

-Sam

Edit: I eventually found the answer under a topic titled "Third Party Portal":

"Kevin - one tip for you on your portal.

If you don't want the first section appearing on the left hand side, you can go to customize the screen, click the Advanced button, and then uncheck "Show First Section To Left Of Screen".  Right now, since you removed the first section from the original screen, the Address Info has taken pole position as "Section 1", and has moved over to the left."

-Method_Paul

BTW, he's referring to the "Advanced" button next to the screen name on the left section when you're editing the screen in question, not the "edit" button for the section itself.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)