Method Community

Field Service WO in Series not showing in calendor

Last post 06-17-2009 10:43 AM by jallen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2009 10:23 AM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Field Service WO in Series not showing in calendor

I've created work orders in series, but when trying to view in my calendar it does not show.  Is there a filter applied that i'm not aware of? 

• 06-09-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

Re: Field Service WO in Series not showing in calendor

Hey John,

I have tried to recreate this on my side but I cannot get the same results. There is a filter on this grid for the views. I have mine set to "Work Week View" and I can see every WO I booked.

Make sure your view is set correctly. If this doesn’t resolve this, what are the field settings your using, I could try the same and see if I get anything different.

Hope this helps.

• 06-16-2009 4:35 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I have not made any customization on the Calendar screen, I've changed every view, and looked the "awaiting Stats", and still do not see any of the work orders created as series.  Any other suggestions?  Can we do a meeting and have you look at it?

• 06-17-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

Hi John,

Couple of things I want you to check:

1. In the calendar view can you double check the filter on the left hand side to see who is the 'Assigned To' user.  Make sure the individual you assigned the work order to is checked.
    2. Another thing you can look at is the time of the work orders.  If it is outside the time of the ruler on the left hand side of the calendar then you wouldn't see those work orders.  For instance if your calendar is set to 8am – 5pm but the work order is scheduled for 7pm -9 pm then you wouldn’t be able to see it.  You would have to edit your calendar preferences.

Let me know if this works.

• 06-17-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

I check the suggestions above without success.  If the work order is a "onetime", I see it on the calendar.  However, if it's a series, no luck viewing it on the calendar.

• 06-17-2009 10:33 AM In reply to

Hi John,

A work order with Recurrence type = Series will not show up on the calendar. Only Occurrences and One Time recurrence would show.  The reason for this is that a series is a holder of all general occurrence information, but it not an appointment itself.

So to paint a picture so you understand how to input the work orders.  If you are creating a daily Recurrence for 3 days starting today, then you must input the start date as June 17th and end date June 19th.  That way the 3 work orders that are created would have Recurrence type = Occurrence.  Please let me know if this helps.

• 06-17-2009 10:43 AM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

That does.  Only question then is, what do I do with the series work order.  Our situation is that we have is that we perform annual inspections.  So we were using the recurrence tool to have the next year appointment show on the calendar....  Nevermind, I can just filter out the series on the work order list so it doesn't show there.

Ok. Thanks,

John

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)