Method Community

Screen No Longer in Customize List

Last post 01-17-2012 3:02 PM by viret56. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2012 2:18 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Screen No Longer in Customize List

On the Customize -> Screens screen, the Edit Customer screen is no longer listed. When I try to edit a customer, I get an error message stating that there was a problem locating the Tab Link 'Edit Customer'.

I did not delete it. I don't have the ability to delete it, as far as I know.

I am making a new screen by making a copy of CRM_EditCustomer. I will then make a copy of the CRM_CustomerList so I can point the GO TO link to the appropriate screen. (I don't have the ability to edit any of the original screens, such as the CRM_ screens).

So I have a solution to the problem in mind. But I am concerned that the Go To... link on the Customer List screen worked yesterday (and I am assuming the Edit Customer screen existed yesterday). I want to know if I could have performed an action that unknowingly deleted the Edit Customer screen.

• 01-17-2012 9:09 AM In reply to

Re: Screen No Longer in Customize List

Answer

Hi viret56,

This message that you are getting normally comes up when a user modifies the Tab Link name that the Go To Link action is looking for.

I also wanted to assure you that the CRM_EditCustomer screen wasn’t deleted because you can see the name in the screen listing.

Try the following steps:

1.   Customize > Tabs

2.   Find the “Customers” tab

3.   Click on Edit Tab Links

4.   Take a look at the Tab Link Name column and see if the name Edit Customer is still the same

5.   If it is not the same, change it to the steps 4 bolded name and try the Go To link again

Let me know if that helps.

Ronen

• 01-17-2012 3:02 PM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Re: Screen No Longer in Customize List

Answer

Editing the Tab Links has taken care of the problem.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)