Method Community

Screen lines changing sizes

Last post 06-17-2009 2:32 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2009 8:15 PM

• JPJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-17-2009
    • Posts 7

Screen lines changing sizes

I am having trouble with the lines staying the same size horizontally and vertically while tring to customise a screen in Field Services. Reloading the screen does not always work. This problem seems very eratic. Sometimes I will end up with two objects in one field. When I view the page, my objects will not be uniform. Am I missing something? Would it help if I decide how many rows I need before I add any objects.

• 06-17-2009 8:39 AM In reply to

Re: Screen lines changing sizes

It's nice to see that you're taking a shot at customizing. 1 lesson we have learned from creating screens is; Yes, it really does help to know how many rows you’re going to need before you start your screen. Get a good idea for the layout that you want to have. This will get you creating screens faster. Try creating screens like this and see if it improves. If it doesn't help, what objects are you using? Buttons, Text Box's, or Calendar?

• 06-17-2009 10:56 AM In reply to

• JPJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-17-2009
    • Posts 7

Ryan

Thank you for responding. I will try that on the next screen. I did notice that if I leave the fields and objects all at their smallest size and close the fields and objects section, the layout seems to work better. After the layout is finished, then expand the objects and fields to the size I want. Have you found this to be true?

• 06-17-2009 2:32 PM In reply to

Depending on what browser your using, you might find little things such as this. When I am doing any screens editing I’m using IE 8. I normally don’t run into any issues with the object's and column size's. On your next screen let me know if it works correctly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)