Method Community

weird things happening

Last post 02-10-2012 9:55 AM by swm023. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2012 1:19 PM

weird things happening

i updated one of my contacts, clicked save and close, and then it disappeared.  i searched EVERYWHERE and couldn't find her. i thought i must be losing my mind. i re-entered the contact

later i was updating another contact, clicked save and close, that contact and company disappeared to.  the company is nowhere to be found in method.  the contact, however, appeared under another company.  i can't delete it because it claims to be the main contact for quickbooks.  everytime i open and edit and then close the contact it overtakes the main contact information so that  i two of the errant contacts under this company.

i even tried changing the name to "no one" and deleting the info  and just leaving it there as a contact. but if i click on it the main contact for the company is changed to the original name before being changed to "no one".  this is crazy. please help! i need to fix the company that's been infected and make sure this doesn't happen again.  what a waste of time

• 02-09-2012 2:49 PM In reply to

Re: weird things happening

it just happened again!!!

i updated an email address for one of my contacts and she has disaapeared from the company.  she has now appeared under the company i was previously working with (the company that was left "open" in the edit screen)!

this time i was able to delete her. but now i have to go back and re-add her to the original company

• 02-09-2012 3:38 PM In reply to

Hi swm023, 

I am here to help you with this issue and want to make sure that this issue is not happening on an original method screen. Can you please hover your mouse pointer over the tab link for the screen and let me know what is written in the rectangle white box that appears on the right hand side of the tab link.

The indicator that this is an original screen is by the following naming convention (screen name from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop) if you are using QuickBooks desktop or (TemplateOnlineCRMQBO) for QuickBooks Online. 

I can be reached at 1-888-925-6238 at extention 2. 

I hope that this will help alleviate this issue.

Ronen 

• 02-09-2012 3:55 PM In reply to

the edit contact screen that pops up is an original screen.

the editlead screen that i use, which is updated after clicking save and close from the contact screen, is a custom screen. i customize info under the additional info tab

• 02-09-2012 4:38 PM In reply to

Hi swm023, 

Can you tell me if the Leads and Contacts List is an original screen or not? I want to narrow down the root cause of this issue and go from there. Once I have that information, I can dig a bit further. 

Ronen

• 02-10-2012 9:55 AM In reply to

its a custom screen, too

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)