Method Community

default value

Last post 03-05-2012 9:40 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-27-2012 6:45 PM

default value

On my new opportunities screen I want to change the default value of the Stage field.  I went in to edit the screen, then edited the field, then changed the default value to what I want.  The default value that shows isn't what I chose.

It's working in one of my accounts but not in the other.  In fact, I think that I copied the screen from the account where it's working into the account where it isnt'.  One it does, one it doesn.

Please help.

• 02-28-2012 3:37 PM In reply to

Re: default value

Hi swm023, 

If you copy a screen from a location where it doesn't work and make the changes on the account where you want it to work and click publish, then it should make the default value on the current screen. 

Did you log into the screen where it doesn't suppose to work and notice that on that screen the default value is not there?

Ronen

• 02-29-2012 9:28 AM In reply to

I copied the screen from an account where it IS working.

In addition to that I've gone in and edited the screen appropriately and it's not working.

When I go to the screen the default value is not the one I selected.

• 03-05-2012 9:40 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi swm023,

I want to make sure that the following steps have been considered when making changes to the original "CRM_NewOpportunity" screen.

Copying the original Method screen:

1. Go to Customize>Screens.
    2. Click on the "Copy" link for the "CRM_NewOpportunity" screen. 
    3. On the "Copy Screen Wizard", in Step 1 of 3: Choose Screen, make sure that you select the option to copy from "This Account".
    4. in Step 2 of 3: Choose Screen, provide a screen name for the field of "Save as:"
    5. in Step 3 of 3: Tab Link, make sure that you select the option for "Add a Tab Link" and in the "Tab" dropdown, select the tab where you will want to be able to view the new screen. In the "Tab Link caption:", make sure that you give the new tab link a new name.

Once you have the copy of the screen set-up, follow the following steps to make sure that you have set the default value for the "Stage" field.

1. Go to Customize>Screens.
    2. Click on the "Edit" link for the "CRM_NewOpportunity" screen. 
    3. In the designer, click on the Edit link for the Stage dropdown field.
    4. In the Properties wizard for the field, in Step 1 of 6: Dropdown Field Properties for field Opportunity Stage, make sure that for the "Default value:" you are selecting the default value that you want to have displayed for the user.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)