Method Community

Report Designer

Last post 07-03-2009 2:58 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2009 3:31 PM

Report Designer

I'm trying to print out a "one sheet" customer info page and I'd like to pull information from multiple screens.  I was unable to link the Customer Master Table with our CART INFO table.  Is there a way to add a second "dataSet".  We have dataSet1 with cart info and customer but I need our custom customer screen with alt. contact info and stuff like that too.  How do I add a second dataSet?  Also if I already have a report design started can I add a dataSet to it or do I have to copy and start over?

thanks,

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 07-02-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer

Here's an error I get when I use your Master Tables.

Failed at Context=138.  The Master table (Entity) Cannot make a relationship to a child table (CartInfo) because the tables are joined by a field (CompanyName) that does not contain a unique value.

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 07-03-2009 2:58 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer

Hi Greg,

In order to add additional datasets, there has to be some sort of unique reference to the Master Table and then you select the additional dataset from the detail table dropdown below.  So for example, if Customer is your Master table then your CartInfo table need to have some sort of unique reference such as Full Name of the customer for instance.  If the reference is not unique then you will encounter the error you did. We are working on a solution so in the future it wouldn't be so easy to just select any table from the Detail Table list unless it is a valid table with a unique value. This would eliminate the error you encountered.

Can you please provide me the Dropdown field you used on the CartInfo table to reference to Customer?  If it is fine with you we can take a look on our end and try to resolve it for you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)