Method Community

Importing Leads - Help needed!

Last post 04-02-2012 10:55 AM by Method_Valbon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2012 2:19 PM

Importing Leads - Help needed!

I have read a few forums and watched a few videos but still having an issue importing LEADS from excel.

I am using Method CRM and do not want to import these as customers.  I only need them to be LEADS as they are not actually customers yet...Can anyone assist in how I would go about this process?

I am familiar with the

Thank you for your time

Jeremy

• 03-08-2012 2:41 PM In reply to

Re: Importing Leads - Help needed!

Answer

Hi JeremyM,

When you do an export from the customer table, you will be able to see the column headings in an excel format in the first row. You will be able to see these headings when you go to Customize>Integration Tools and clck on the Go to Import/Export link in the Import/Export section.

When you select the option to Export a table to a file and pick the table Customer, you will be able to see the fields for that table.

The table that you need to consider when importing the leads is the one named IsLeadStatusOnly. The data for that column will either be True for Lead or False for Customer. You need to indicate when you are importing that the customer has a IsLeadStatusOnly of True.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-08-2012 2:53 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Jeremy,

I agree with Ronen, be very careful to include the field 'IsLeadStatusOnly' and set each row in the excel (each record) to have the value of 'True' for this field. This field ensures they are imported and held as leads only.

Other tips:

• Make sure you use all required fields for the customer table.
    • Make sure you recognize any fields that must be unique.
    • Set 'IsActive' field set to 'True' - eventually when they go to QB they should be active customers right?
    • Always think ahead, look at the fields available on our leads screen i.e. LeadStatus or LeadRating and etc, use as desired.  
    Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-08-2012 2:59 PM In reply to

This worked thank you!

• 03-19-2012 6:35 PM In reply to

I tried your suggestions, and it imported a bunch, however 50 or so rejected and this is the error I got on each one

Error: Save Warning: The Customer/Employee/Vendor/OtherName could not be sent to QuickBooks. This Name is already in use. Please edit the Name so that it is unique and save again.

Why is it talking to Quickbooks already, if I have "IsLeadStatusOnly" set to true?

I am little confused on what this message means.

• 03-20-2012 8:45 AM In reply to

CF_Pro-

Since in most cases Leads will become QB Customers, when you import a lead you have to ensure that you don't have a customer by that name already in Method. The error message is a bit misleading since if it is a lead it won't be sent to QB until it gets flipped to a customer.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 04-02-2012 10:55 AM In reply to

Hi everyone - an update with more info for this thread.

1. Here is the release note for the latest changes on the Import / Export tool (click here)
    2. A new Help Center article (click here)

Hope this helps!

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)