Method Community

Full Synchronization Not Completing.

Last post 03-12-2012 2:35 PM by Method_Valbon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2012 10:58 AM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Full Synchronization Not Completing.

I see from searching the forum posts that others have had issues with synchonization completing.  I am trying to help a client resolve synchronization issues.  (They have contacted Ronen directly, as I intend to.  But first a question or two.)

I see several conflicts that begin

"QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accSalesOrder record. The error was: An attempt was made to modify a SalesOrder with a date that is on or before the closing date of the company. If you are sure you really want to do this, please ask a user with Admin privileges to remove the password for editing transactions on or before to closing date (this setting is in the Accounting Company Preferences), then try again."

Are these conflicts preventing the sync from completing? 

What is the recommended approach to handle these conflicts?  Delete?  Retry?  Refetch?  (We tried Clear but they were back after the next sync.)

We have other conflicts (38,000+), but I want to start with these.

• 03-12-2012 11:32 AM In reply to

Re: Full Synchronization Not Completing.

Hi viret56,

These conflicts can prevent the sync from completing. This specific conflict you are referring to is coming from QuickBooks and you need to follow the instructions given in the message to try to resolve the conflict.

For this specific conflict, deleting it will permanently delete the record from Method. Retrying will attempt to send the conflicted record to QuickBooks again, but if the inctructions for resolving the conflicts that are coming from QuickBooks are not followed, then the conflict will return. Refetching will overwrite the data in Method for this record with the current values in QuickBooks.

My recommendation is to follow the greyed out instructions for the resolve conflicts and depending on the type of conflict, try one of the the actions that I had explained above.

We have a paid consulting service available which you can take advantage of to attempt to resolve all of the conflicts. You can contact the consulting service by calling 1-888-925-6238 Ext 2 then Ext 2 again.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-12-2012 1:28 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi viret56,

Just wanted to share my thoughts and see if it helps.In Method under QuickBooks>>>Resolve Conflicts you'll see synchronization conflicts between Method and QuickBooks.

Sometimes the message is easy to understand and sometimes it's not. Tongue Tied It helps to know that the message comes directly from QB…so Method does not have a real say. Lucky for you, the message provides a pretty good explanation.

viret56:
    An attempt was made to modify a SalesOrder with a date that is on or before the closing date of the company. If you are sure you really want to do this, please ask a user with Admin privileges to remove the password for editing transactions on or before to closing date (this setting is in the Accounting Company Preferences), then try again."

Suggesting even direct QB users will prevented from making changes without a password.

Ronen is right, you need to tell Method how to resolve this. Maybe there's a reason not to change those transactions? If that is the case, maybe (I'm just assuming) the option to refetch since Method changes never made it to QB anyways. This overwrites Method's version of this record with the current values in QuickBooks.

Finally, my guess is your sync is simply clogged up with due to the large amount of conflicts. You should work to get these resolved.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-12-2012 1:51 PM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Answer

The input I have received has been helpful.  We are resolving the conflicts, one by one.

We have over 38,000 conflicts of the DeleteFromDesktop type.  For example:

"The record with the identify of '9EFC7-1240251539' appears to have been deleted in QuickBooks. Click 'Delete' to delete it here too, or 'Retry' to attempt to restore back into QuickBooks."

Is there a faster approach to deleting these records than one-by-one?

Each one includes a Record ID.  Using a customized screen I try searching for the record by record ID, but I am not finding any of them.  Why would Method report a record ID I cannot find?

Thanks for your help.

• 03-12-2012 2:35 PM In reply to

Hi again,

So about conflicts…they are a royal pain. It's difficult and potentially dangerous for us to offer a option to resolve all conflicts on mass because conflicts are unique to each account.

The Method record ID will always be a number only and never contain letters or special characters. I think the  '9EFC7-1240251539' you are referring to is the QB list ID (Goggle this for more). Keep in mind, since the message is coming from QB it's not likely QB would include the Method record ID in their message back to us. You won't be able to use this as a query in Method searches.

By the way, if you have a lot of conflicts that appear to have a similar root cause…resolving one might end up resolving many others after the next sync. I know I have had great success with this in the past.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)