Method Community

Can I back date the Actual Completed Date on Activities or Work Orders?

Last post 03-15-2012 7:35 AM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2012 10:44 PM

• 1strate
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 24

Can I back date the Actual Completed Date on Activities or Work Orders?

Support,

While testing some screen functions, I noticed that I can't back date Actual Completed Date on Activities or Work Orders. I had to edit the Work Order screens to show actual completed date.  In some cases, my crews are unable to complete work orders in the field so they will complete them at home.  The problem is that when they save and close the work order, it uses the current date/time for the actual completed date and time.  For some reason, we can't over ride it.  It also happens on the default Activities screen.  This wasn't a problem with previous versions of Method.

Again, the work order screen is customized; however, the activities screen is default and they both have the same outcome.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

James Stapleton
    1st Rate Pool Service, Inc.
    214-985-1883

Regards,
    James Stapleton
    1st Rate Pool Service, Inc.
  • 03-15-2012 7:35 AM In reply to

Re: Can I back date the Actual Completed Date on Activities or Work Orders?

Answer

James -

I checked into it.  You are right, there is a key line missing in the backend which checks to see if the ActualCompletedDate is empty first before setting a completed activity to the current date/time.

I have changed this on your accounts manually (but keep in mind this can get reset if you edit the Activity table again).  If anyone else reading this has this need, let me know your account name via a private message and I'll change yours too.

This will go out as a permanent fix to all users on the next update.

Thanks for catching this.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)