Method Community

Question about MethodAPIDelete

Last post 03-19-2012 1:19 PM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2012 11:11 AM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Question about MethodAPIDelete

I have a situation requiring the deletion of over 38,000 conflicts.  This will be very time consuming if done manually, one-by-one.  So I want to use the MethodAPI to speed up the process.  Since I don't have API access to the conflicts data (I don't, correct?) I will have to resort to clearing the affected Method tables (Estimate, Sales Order, and Purchase Order) of all transactions.  Then I am assuming the conflicts will be gone and the full synchronization will run again, repopulating the Method tables with good data.

Now, I read in the API documentation for MethodAPIDelete the following:

"This API call marks a single record for deletion, using a specified RecordID. If the deletion is on a QuickBooks record, the request will then be sent to QuickBooks for final approval. If the deletion is on a non-QuickBooks record, the deletion will occur right away."

Does this mean, if I delete a transaction from Method, the same transaction will be deleted from QuickBooks when the sync actually runs?

How do I prevent deletion from QuickBooks?  Do I have to set 'Wait For Sync Approval' to true before deleting?

Better yet, are the folks at Method Integration able to empty individual tables in our account from their end?

As someone has told me, 'conflicts are a pain'!  Any help speeding up this process would be appreciated.

• 03-19-2012 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: Question about MethodAPIDelete

Viret - If you delete the records using the API, then the records should be removed from the conflicts area.

Unfortuantely, the Conflicts listing is not an exposed table (in Method or the API).

You mentioned in another post that the conflicts were "DeleteFromDesktop", but that the records were actually not even in the database anymore.  Two comments on that:

1. If they are marked for deletion, but still exist, then you can't see them except through the conflicts area.  

2. However, if they are truly gone, you have a quick solution available to you: (a) in the Resolved Conflicts screen, click Clear All.  This will make them go away from conflicts, and make them visible in Method again.  Then (b) do a Full Sync. If the Full Sync finds that they have been deleted from QuickBooks, then it will put them back into the Resolved Conflicts screen. If it does not find them....well....your problems are solved!

Also, if you use the API to delete all records in a table, the valid ones WILL get deleted from QuickBooks. You don't want that.  Before you go that route, let's see how far you get with my suggestion above.

The big question really is, how did this happen in the first place.  Did you sync different database files with this account?

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)