Method Community

Actions Usage Clarification, Assign Value to Action Result, Value from Row

Last post 03-19-2012 9:14 AM by jnoneiliv1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2012 7:08 PM

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Actions Usage Clarification, Assign Value to Action Result, Value from Row

I'm seeking clarification on the usage of "Row" references when performing various actions.  For example when using the Assign Value to Action Result action there is an option "Value from Row".

I had thought this might refer to the row in a Grid when looping through the Grid, or that this referred to the active row in a grid, but this usage does not seem to work very well, at least when attempting to use it to reference the currently active row in a Grid.

This option appears best used when operating on table records when using the Loop Through Table actions.  I've looked up the usage of this option in the CRM Help Center but I can only find this description.

Value From Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.

This explanation doesn't really describe what the option does or how to use it, or what the "specified row" would be.

When using this option, the edit panel of the action will report that to use the Value from Row option the statement needs to be within a Loop Through Table (Grid?) set of statements.  Presumably this is some added validation.

Could someone define the usage of "Value from Row", preferably also add to the CRM solution topic #133?

Specificaly, clarify if this option works for both Loop Through Table AND Loop Through Grid, or only Loop Through Table.  Please also define if this can be used to operate on values in a Grid.  Will it operate on values of the active row of a grid as determined by cursor position on the screen, etc. or only between Loop Through and End Loop statements?

Thanks,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 03-19-2012 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: Actions Usage Clarification, Assign Value to Action Result, Value from Row

Jame-

Value from Row only works within Loop through table and Loop through grid, it pulls values from the current record in the loop. If you are trying to get the value of a row you have selected or the row you are editing you can use value from screen.

When using Value from screen the options towards the end of the list are normally for the grid and should look like Grid Name: Column name.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 03-19-2012 9:14 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Re: Actions Usage Clarification, Assign Value to Action Result, Value from Row

Answer

Thanks.  Understood.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)