Method Community

field Name error

Last post 03-21-2012 2:15 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2012 1:15 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

field Name error

For the last few days I've noticed a very strange error  where I am editting a field, and the edit window shows a field name different than what it actually is. Saving my changes does work, but if I'm changing the caption, the new caption is changed but not always displayed on the customization screen.

I noticed this while customizing the CRM_EditCustomer screen and also the CRM_EditLead screen, and usually it occurs  with the BillAddressxxxxxx  group of fields from the customer table. For example, the BillAddressaddr2 field is currently being displayed as OtherNameAddressAddr2.  Previously is was displayed as VendorAddressAddr2,  but usually it's displayed correctly. The incorrect field names being displayed  do not exist in the customer table. Also, I have no idea about what specific sequence of events causes this to occur.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Rolf

• 03-21-2012 2:15 PM In reply to

Re: field Name error

Hi Rolf,

Before we explore this post, it is probably best if you are made aware of the Entity table in Method. The Entity table is a special table that is made up of the Customer, Vendor, Employee and Other Name tables merging them all into one table. Now, this means any fields you add to those individual tables will also appear in our Entity table.

Having said that, I tried looking at the CRM_EditLead screen and can't seem to figure out where you are seeing this? Can you give me a specific example on that screen? What field or object are you editing? If you need to send me a screen shot please email this to me and include a link to this post to help me track it.

Thanks.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)