Method Community

Need to understand sync behavior regarding Transaction History

Last post 03-23-2012 12:39 PM by Method_Paul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2012 4:46 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Need to understand sync behavior regarding Transaction History

We have a new account and set the Transaction History to 60 days with transaction options set to default.  I understand that 'open' transactions will be brought over to Method.  But we are seeing transactions outside the history setting as far back as 7 years.  Aside from 'open' transactions, for what other reasons would the sync engine bring a transaction over that is outside the history setting?

• 03-21-2012 5:10 PM In reply to

Re: Need to understand sync behavior regarding Transaction History

Any table in particular that you are seeing this in?

For example, Sales Orders would be anything that is open.  Open means that IsManuallyClosed=False and IsFullyInvoice=False.

Paul 

• 03-22-2012 3:36 PM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

That explains the Sales Orders I see, they are all open (at least the ones I have checked in QuickBooks).

What would constitute an open invoice?

An open Received Payment?

An open Credit Memo?

An opem Purchase Order?

Those are the tables with transactions outside the 60 day window we are using.  The other tables have transactions within the 60 day window.

• 03-22-2012 9:22 PM In reply to

Answer

@viret56 - It should be consistent with the standard (I might venture to say essential) reports you see in QuickBooks directly for open transactions.

For Invoices, Charges, Received Payment and Credit Memo, we're pulling the data from the "Open Invoices" report in QuickBooks.  

So for Invoices, it's any invoice that isn't paid.  For Received Payments, it's payments that haven't been allocated to an invoice, statement charge or other transaction (balance remaining is not 0).  For Credit Memo it's everything that hasn't been applied to an invoice or charge yet.  

For Sales Orders we're pulling the "Open Sales Order By Customer" report from QuickBooks.  This is anything that IsManuallyClosed=False and IsFullyInvoiced=False.

For Purchase Orders we're pulling the "Open POs" report from QuickBooks.  Here's it's any PO that doesn't have all it's items fully received.

Paul

• 03-23-2012 12:19 PM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Thank you Paul,

The information you gave me helps.  Now that I have compared the transactions within Method to the QuickBooks reports,  I do find several invoices and half a dozen received payments outside the Transaction History range we set and not listed in the QuickBooks "Open Invoices" report.  All invoices and payments represent two clients, which have other transactions within the Transaction History range.

My question is:  Does Method include all transactions for a given client when any of the client transactions are synced?

Despite these few transactions, we do feel we have a much beter understanding of how the sync is working.  Thank you again.

• 03-23-2012 12:39 PM In reply to

"Does Method include all transactions for a given client when any of the client transactions are synced?"

Nope.  Transactions are synced what transaction type at a time, and are mutually exclusive of each other's open status.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)