Method Community

error on closing Pop-ups

Last post 03-30-2012 1:12 PM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2012 3:55 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

error on closing Pop-ups

I'm having a very frustrating time with the following situation.   I have substantially customized both the Lead and Customer screens, and when I go to the Contacts grid and select the New Activity link,  the New Activity window opens.  Upon closing the window, I get the following error message:

Action Sequence:8

Oh-oh. The Refresh Grid Action did not have a grid selected. If this screen worked earlier and has now stopped working, we recommend your administrator adjusts the actions to resolve this issue. 

Please contact your developer.

Thereafter, when I open and close other popups, via the edit/select links on other grids, or the click or add new events on other dropdown fields, I may(or may not) have the same error message occur upon closing the associated pop-up windows  Opening and closing other popup windows works fine on both screens for all cases until I open up the New Activity window via the Contacts.NewActivity link, after which the other windows intermittently generate the error.  This happens with both Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I have been unable to find the referenced Grid Refresh action, and  am also  wondering if this might be related to a SharedActionResult variable problem.  Also, this problem does not happen on the standard uncustomized Customer screen.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Rolf

• 03-30-2012 12:04 PM In reply to

Re: error on closing Pop-ups

The fact that the error message comes up upon closing the window makes me think it's tied to the "onClosePopup" trigger event (which can be found in Step 2 after clicking the "Advanced..." button that is in the "Insert Fields and Objects" section on your customization screen)

If you haven't looked at that already, check it out in the popup screens that seem to result in the error and look for a Refresh Grid action.

• 03-30-2012 12:41 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Answer

smohyee,

You were absolutely correct.  Such an easy thing to fix; I don't know how I missed it.

thanks for your suggestion.

RolfSmile

• 03-30-2012 1:12 PM In reply to

Answer

smohyee - great work on helping Rofl out! Cool

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)