Method Community

Great Job!

Last post 05-19-2012 11:04 AM by Method_Paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2012 9:47 AM

Great Job!

Great Job Drinks

I've finally gotten everything working.  I had to switch to google apps, change mx records,  fool with DNS settings, etc....

The app works great.  

Here's requested improvement(feature)

• The info intially pulled in the gadget could quickly become stale in a multi-user environment.  Could there be a refresh/reload link beside the search, hide details, settings links?

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-19-2012 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: Great Job!

Answer

Thanks Mark.

I find the stale data concept interesting. I'm going to challenge you on that one :).

Is it because you are just testing, and beating it up, wheras in real-life use it wouldn't be perceived as stale?

Contact info - this can be stale as you switch between tabs. If you go to contact info then to activities, then back to contact info...sure....it can be stale. But only while you are on *that* specific email. If you click on another email and then back to that email, it is a fresh pull. So how long are you really spending on that contact info tab while reading the same email, where that contact info could really become stale and out of date? 

Search - each time you click the search it is a fresh pull. So that isn't stale.

Activities, Transactions, Cases, Opportunities and Documents - these do a fresh pull each time you click in the tab. So that doesn't stay stale.

Add Activity / Case / Opportunity - these are loaded once, and then if you click to a different tab and back again, the data is cached and stale. But only for that one email at that one instance. As soon as you click on another email, it is a fresh pull. Real life use case where that's a problem?

Settings - always a fresh pull.

As you can tell, we've paid a lot of attention to keeping things out that really aren't needed, so that what we have left is elegant, simple and fast.

So, I really need to see the real life use case of stale data before I start adding clutter with reload buttons! 

Thoughts?

Paul

P.S. We going for pints at Scaling New Heights?

• 05-19-2012 10:46 AM In reply to

Paul

I am forcing tests and I agree that simple is better.  

From what you describe here I think its just a training issue.  Since there is a fresh pull on each search the reload is already there.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-19-2012 11:04 AM In reply to

Okay, thanks.

Keep the feedback coming - we want to get this right.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)