Method Community

MethodAPIDeleteV2 error: "Save Warning ... not ready ... RecordID NNN does not exist."

Last post 06-07-2012 12:59 PM by Bob Stein. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2012 9:26 AM

MethodAPIDeleteV2 error: "Save Warning ... not ready ... RecordID NNN does not exist."

RecordID 394 stuck in Invoice table purgatory.

MethodAPI response = "Save Warning: The invoice is not ready to send to QuickBooks.  The RecordID 394 does not exist."

to a MethodAPIDeleteV2 call (via HTTP POST) with parameters:

strCompanyAccount=***&strLogin=***&strPassword=***&strSessionID=&strTable=Invoice&intRecordID=394

I reproduced this via (the uber helpful) page https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx?op=MethodAPIDeleteV2.

This is a left-over record in the Invoice table from an aborted insertion (due to an ephemeral MethodAPI-down event). I have successfully deleted the left-over InvoiceLine record(s), but cannot delete the Invoice record.

A MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 call confirms that RecordID 394 exists.  So this error message is doubly strange.

On a whim I called MethodAPIActionSendToDesktopV2 (never got to that point during the original insert) which succeeded, but the delete still failed with the above message.  The record will not go through the sync engine to QuickBooks either.  No conflicts to resolve on the Method CRM console.

Urgent help appreciated, order(s) held up.

• 06-07-2012 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: MethodAPIDeleteV2 error: "Save Warning ... not ready ... RecordID NNN does not exist."

Hi Bob Stein,

I have managed to reproduce this issue and will let you know when there is a resolution.

Dave

• 06-07-2012 10:36 AM In reply to

Re: MethodAPIDeleteV2 error: "Save Warning ... not ready ... RecordID NNN does not exist."

Answer

Hi Bob Stein,

This issue is now resolved...please try again now

Dave

• 06-07-2012 12:59 PM In reply to

Thank you Dave!!! Totally did the trick. We're back online.  And if this happens again it should recover automatically.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)