Method Community

Method Sync Engine Auto Load Failure

Last post 09-19-2012 4:53 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2012 7:22 PM

Paradise [ip] Method Sync Engine Auto Load Failure

Hi Guys,

we just lost a computer at the office and had to replace it. I have installed QB and the Method Engine and listener from the Method QB tab and it created a subscription and did the initial sync no problem.

The problem is, used to, when my office manager would log into QB, the method sync engine would automatically load in the background and start syncing. Now it does not. You have to manually open the engine and type in the credentials.

Please tell me what step i am missing.

We are running the QB databse on our server and have 2 client PC's accessing it.

Thanks for the help.

Bryan

Paradise

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 06-19-2012 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: Method Sync Engine Auto Load Failure

Answer

handcrafted:
    Please tell me what step i am missing.

If you just reinstalled the Method Integration Engine make sure you push 2 full syncs.  Inside the Method Integration Engine, under the synchronize menu, click Full Synchronization.  After 2 full synch's the subscription file should be saved.  If you're still having a problem please post up and we can try something else.

~C

• 06-19-2012 11:47 AM In reply to

Method_Chad:
    2 full syncs.

My mistake here, it's not 2 full sync's that need to happen, you need to close and open QuickBooks twice (and sometimes restart the computer).  If that doesn't work then it's a permission issue.

~C

• 09-19-2012 4:35 PM In reply to

Hi Chad,

well, I have tried all of these things and still no luck.

When you say permission issues, can you help me with that? We havent changed any permissions in QB since we had the last computer.

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 09-19-2012 4:53 PM In reply to

Answer

handcrafted:
    well, I have tried all of these things and still no luck.

Bryan,

Since this is a sync issue I'd like to take this off the forums and help you resolve it via phone or Goto Meeting.  Can you email me the company account you use to login and I'll follow up with you tomorrow.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)