Method Community

Action Go To Tab Link - Goes to wrong tab!

Last post 06-27-2012 12:46 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2012 2:22 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Action Go To Tab Link - Goes to wrong tab!

I have a customized New Opportunity screen, a customized Estimates screen, and a customized Sales Order screen, amoung others.  I added a button to the New Opportunity screen, 'Save & Create Estimate', whose purpose is to save the opportunity, then create an estimate from the opportunity, save the estimate and go to the Estimates tab link. 

The process has worked properly for weeks.  The opportunity is saved, and estimate is created from the opportunity, the Estimates tab link is shown, displaying the Estimates screen with the new estimate selected.

Then, with no apparent cause, the process began to malfunction.   I have seen two deviations from the expected behavior:

1.  The opportunity saves as it should. The Sales Order tab link is shown, but it displays the Estimates screen instead of the Sales Order screen which is assigned to it.  (Has anyone ever had that happen to them - wrong tab link with the correct screen.)

2.  I tried again, this time after logging off and back on, and after checking the Sales Order tab link, which had the correct screen this time.  When I clicked the 'Save & Create Estimate' button, the Sales Order tab link is shown with a new Sales Order created from the Opportunity.  This time there was no new estimate created, only the new sales order.

To complicate matters, I have only seen this problem with users who have the staff role only.  When I perform the same process while logged on as a user with the Administrator role, I get the expected results.

I have examine my code and logic from several angels.  The 'Go To Tab Link' action has the correct parameters.  I have many 'why' questions but no answers.  Does anyone recognize this unexpected behavior?  I need some help on this one.

• 06-26-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Re: Action Go To Tab Link - Goes to wrong tab!

A small correction to my earlier post.

The opportunity is always saved properly.  In case (1), an estimate is created.  In case (2), a sales order is created instead of an estimate.

• 06-27-2012 12:46 PM In reply to

Re: Action Go To Tab Link - Goes to wrong tab!

Answer

viret56:
    I have examine my code and logic from several angels.  The 'Go To Tab Link' action has the correct parameters.  I have many 'why' questions but no answers.  Does anyone recognize this unexpected behavior? 

I have not seen this behaviour so it's hard to determine what might be happening.  What could be helpful here is to add some checks into your code logic to display a message on which screen is being loaded.  For example, you temporarily put a show message in the OnScreenLoad actions to display which page this is.  Then go through your process as the staff role and see what happens.  If you can consistenly see the problem then you can start the pull apart the actions to find out why that role has this problem.  

Further to this, review the Customize > Tabs > Edit Tab Links... for the screens you're working with, maybe that role does not have access to this tab link?

~C

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)