Method Community

CreateMethodAccountV3

Last post 07-07-2012 1:24 PM by Matt. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2012 12:58 PM

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

CreateMethodAccountV3

I am trying to call the CreateMethodAccountV3 and have a couple of questions after testing it out.

The first time I tested the call, the response was :<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "Failure. The API could not validate your log in.  Please make sure you have entered the correct Company Account, User and Password, and that each are spelt correctly.  Also, ensure that this User has been configured for Method API access by going to Customize > Users, editing the User, and ensuring that there is a check in the 'Is Allowed to Connect via MethodAPI' checkbox.">

Why would I be getting this response? I've seen this response when trying to connect to an existing account that doesn't have API access granted but I'm not sure why I would get it when creating an account.

In my MSP portal, it shows that the account was created, but when I try to login using the login info I passed it says it does not match up. I did use a space in the account name. On the second try I used no space in the account name and it seemed to work fine. Can you please confirm that spaces are not allowed in the company account name?

On the second try, as I just mentioned everything seems to have worked correctly, but the response was: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "" ></MethodAPI>

I was expecting to see <MethodAPI response = "Success" >. Should I not see "Success"?

Thanks

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 07-03-2012 1:51 PM In reply to

Re: CreateMethodAccountV3

Matt

We experienced the same thing when we developed our new site.   For now we've just assumed that an empty string equals Success. 

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-03-2012 2:41 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Matt and LaCrews,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The following 2 updates have been made to MethodAPICreateMethodAccountV3:

1. Naming a new company account has been fixed so it follows the same rules as everywhere else in method. i.e. A company account must contain only letters and numbers (no underscores, spaces, special characters, etc.) and a company account name cannot start with a number.

2. When a new account has been created succesfully the message should now be <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "Success" ></MethodAPI>

Dave

• 07-03-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

Thanks Dave,

I just updated our code to the revised response and everything is working fine.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-07-2012 1:24 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

Thanks Dave!

Matt Raiser