Method Community

text box error when using network path

Last post 07-06-2012 8:51 PM by Method_Paul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2012 4:05 PM

text box error when using network path

I have a TEXTBOX on a screen we've been using for a while now, and just recently it will not allow us to put in a network address into the text.

i.e. "the log file is located at L:\logs"  I can put "L logs" or "L:logs" but as soon as I use a "\" it errors.

Was there a recent change and if so WHY?

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 07-06-2012 4:53 PM In reply to

Re: text box error when using network path

Answer

Wavetec:
    Was there a recent change and if so WHY?

This issue has been resolved, please log out of your account and log back in to see the change reflected.

~C

• 07-06-2012 8:51 PM In reply to

Re: text box error when using network path

Greg - just to give you some insight.

We release updates very regularly, as you know. One particular update was on Friday, where the version that was on the "staging" site since April came onto the live site. Somehow this issue evaded us and all the users on the staging site for 2 months....I really don't know how.  What we did was change the format and tool used to send and receive data to our servers. This change had good purpose - it's faster, and it gives us more feedback when things go wrong with your network connection. However, the down side is that we missed how the slash character was interpreted in some situations.  So....that's the WHY.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)