Method Community

ARRefundCreditCard Sync Issues

Last post 08-04-2012 7:28 PM by nick_warren. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2012 2:04 AM

ARRefundCreditCard Sync Issues

Hi guys,

First, congratulations on the new design – clean and sleek, good job.

We’re having some issues with the “ARRefundCreditCard” table – not sure if it’s possible but we tried to process a refund without having a Credit Memo / Overpayment in the system. The Insert query went through fine with a “Send to Desktop” result. Looks good right? Well, not so good after all.

When trying to Sync QuickBooks we’re getting an error “QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream.”. The main problem is that the error is not found in the “Resolve Conflicts” so we cannot delete it.

We are able to see the transaction when going to the customer through Method – it states the transaction is not posted as expected.

I guess my first question is how to delete this transaction from Method and removing it from the Sync queue.

Moreover, is this even possible? We want to hook up our own internal “Credit Button” to Method and to post the refund in QuickBooks. There is no Credit Memo done at this point. I went through QuickBooks SDK and looks like it is possible through the SDK.

Thanks,

Nick

• 08-04-2012 3:39 PM In reply to

Re: ARRefundCreditCard Sync Issues

@nick_warren

Thank you for the kind words regarding the new site. We hope it is more useful and informative.

In regards to ARRefundCreditCard - you need to have at least one entry in the child table of ARRefundCreditCardAppliedToTxn, where you specify an existing CreditMemo, JournalEntry or ReceivePayment transaction.

Check now (we just applied a back-end tweak), I think you'll see a new conflict that you can use to learn more about the problem, or delete the record.

Paul

• 08-04-2012 4:35 PM In reply to

Paul – Good to see I’m not the only workaholic here!

I went to sleep yesterday – when I woke up the error did appear when Syncing. Made some changes as I figured out what you stated on the top but I guess still no go. Thing is, I’m having the same issue as yesterday where the error does not appear in the Sync list. Is there a long syncing period for these specific transactions?

• 08-04-2012 6:54 PM In reply to

Ok – there is definitely something weird going on between those two tables. Let me describe the process:

1)      Issue an Insert to Table “ARRefundCreditCard” – Response is successful.

2)      Extract the RecordID from the response for later use.

3)      Issue an Insert to Table “ARRefundCreditCardAppliedToTxn” and use the following parameters:

1. TxnRecordID – A RecordID I extract from the “Receive Payment” table associated with the customer.
    2. TxnType – “ReceivePayment” – I’m not applying the refund to a Credit Memo but to a Receive Payment previously entered for this customer.
    3. ARRefundCreditCardRecordID – The RecordID previously extracted at (2).

If I do not send the 2nd request shown on (3) – I’m getting an error when syncing which DOES NOT appear in the conflicts list and I cannot get rid of it unless posting (3).

When posting (3) the error does show in the conflicts list and is pretty straightforward:

QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accARRefundCreditCard record. The error was: Object "1FC8B-1344062113" specified in the request cannot be found. . The Request was: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?> <?qbxml version="8.0" ?> <QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError="stopOnError"><ARRefundCreditCardAddRq requestID="qx_1"><ARRefundCreditCardAdd><CustomerRef><ListID>80000D49-1342043320</ListID></CustomerRef><RefundFromAccountRef><ListID>8000002A-1252349144</ListID></RefundFromAccountRef><ARAccountRef><ListID>80000024-1249941016</ListID></ARAccountRef><TxnDate>2012-08-05</TxnDate><RefNumber>1234567</RefNumber><Memo>Processed By: Nick.W. Processed On: 8/4/2012 6:36:48 PM. Transcation Type: CREDIT. Amount: 500. Original Processor Response:</Memo><RefundAppliedToTxnAdd><TxnID>1FC8B-1344062113</TxnID><RefundAmount>500.00</RefundAmount></RefundAppliedToTxnAdd></ARRefundCreditCardAdd></ARRefundCreditCardAddRq></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>

Problem is the Transaction ID 1FC8B-1344062113 is CORRECT and reflects the “Receive Payment” for the customer. I doubled checked this 5 times. What am I doing wrong here?

• 08-04-2012 7:28 PM In reply to

Answer

After hours of going back and forth I figured it out. I wish QuickBooks SDK was a bit clearer, but I guess the documentation just lacks the information which causes developers to waste their time. Anyway, this has nothing to do with Method – as expected.

When posting the Refund you must check the following:

• If you wish to attach the refund to a ReceivePayment transaction, the transaction must have an overpayment pending. Otherwise it would just block it with a fake result as shown on the previous post and makes no sense whatsoever.
    • If there is no overpayment pending you need to use a Credit Memo. Moreover, the “PaymentMethod” is mandatory and QB won’t let you post the transaction unless you populate this field.

A little bit time consuming but nevertheless, will save our staff a lot of time in the future – worth it!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)