Method Community

Total Balance

Last post 08-25-2012 5:23 PM by nick_warren. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2012 8:24 PM In reply to

Re: Total Balance

Nick & Dave -

I have an idea for how we could get the TotalBalance from QuickBooks on a changes-only sync, rather than having to wait for a full sync.

I'll see if my idea holds water, and post back with my findings.

Paul

• 08-25-2012 10:54 AM In reply to

Nick & Dave -

The tweak is up there now. The total balance will be updated for the direct parent customer on the subsequent changes-only sync, so you are now looking at a 20 minute delay instead of full sync every morning.

The problem stems from a limitation (bug?) in the QuickBooks SDK. The parent customer is not flagged as having been modified, even though the total balance changed. In QuickBooks 2008 they fixed this issue somewhat, by finally flagging the base customer as having been modified if they had a transaction pass through involving them. But they never extended this tweak up the Customer:Job hierarchy.  We query QuickBooks for any customer that has changed since last time we did a changes-only sync, and since the parent customer hasn't changed, it doesn't get picked up by the query. The tweak I made was that if a customer has a balance change, and they are a sub customer, then flag its parent as needing to be updated on the next sync.

Paul

• 08-25-2012 5:23 PM In reply to

Paul,

I do not understand why Method doesn't keep track of this Balanace until the Sync. Once a refund/payment is entered to Method, you can automatically determine the new Balance, then update it if needed when Syncing with QuickBooks. The balance though is a simple calculation of Debit-Credit transactions.

Nick

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2