Method Community

Active custom action with MethodAPI

Last post 08-30-2012 7:51 AM by Dominic Riccetti. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2012 11:31 AM

Active custom action with MethodAPI

Hello, I have a customer whom has a very extensive email action.  I have no doubt we can recreate this, but my question is can’t we just call the custom action from the MethodAPI?

Thanks,

Dominic

• 08-29-2012 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: Active custom action with MethodAPI

Hi Dominic Riccetti,

No you cannot.

I will put a suggestion in with the dev team, about adding this to a future release of the API

Dave

• 08-29-2012 1:23 PM In reply to

Hello,

thank you for the reply, I assume then I can do every action from the MethodAPIActionSendMail that we can in the UI to mock the users action?

Thanks,

Dominic

• 08-29-2012 4:00 PM In reply to

Hi Dominic Riccetti,

You cannot run actions in the API. So if actions are being used to populate something like an action result in the UI, and then that action result is used in the send email action, you cannot do that via the API. The MethodAPIActionSendMail function takes in the parameters specified and sends an email.

However the application you are building to use the API ,can call other functions, e.g. using MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 to retrieve your customer information so you have their email address, etc. So you should be able to retrieve the information you need beforehand to full populate the MethodAPIActionSendMail function call

Dave

• 08-30-2012 7:51 AM In reply to

Wonderful, thank you for the comments!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)