Method Community

Sorry...Customer Job Question

Last post 10-02-2012 12:36 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2012 10:13 AM

Sorry...Customer Job Question

Sorry...sort of a n00b question, but can I get some guidance on how people are best handling the multiple Jobs for a Customer issue in Method?

Thanks

Blake C
  • 10-01-2012 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: Sorry...Customer Job Question

Blake C:
    can I get some guidance on how people are best handling the multiple Jobs for a Customer issue in Method?

Hi Blake,

What type on guidence are you looking for?  You should be able to handle multiple jobs for a customer just fine using the job of customer drop down under the additional information section on the new/edit customer screen.  There's no issue that I know of in this area but if you ran into a problem post up the details and I can help work through it.

~C

• 10-02-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

Not really a Method issue...just a question/issue that I'm facing.

How do you create a new Job for a Customer and where do you see a list of these jobs?

I'm not understanding how a single dropdown on a Customer relates to multiple Jobs.

Thx

Clearly I'm missing someting here

Blake C
  • 10-02-2012 12:36 PM In reply to

Answer

Blake C:
    How do you create a new Job for a Customer and where do you see a list of these jobs?

To create a job for a customer you'll need to already have the parent record added in Method.  Say I have a record for Barney's Bakery and I need to add 3 jobs each with different contractors under them; a paving job from Moe, a landscaping job from Phil and a roofing job from Al.  When creating a job through the new customer screen click the checkbox for add additional info?  In the additional information section the first item on the left is Job of Customer - go ahead and select your parent record, Barney's Bakery in my case.  Save your new customer.

Go back to the Customer and Contacts List and look at the newly added job of customer.  It should look like this:
    Contact
    Job of Customer: Customer Name

In my example my new records look like:
    Barney's Bakery
    Barney's Bakery:Moe's Paving

Barney's Bakery
    Barney's Bakery:Phil's Landscaping

Barney's Bakery
    Barney's Bakery:Al's Roofing

My example is simple but you can see how all these jobs relate to one customer, the name before the : denotes who this job is for.  Each job is a separate contact record and can have a different email, phone, invoice, etc.  They are linked simply by the job of customer drop down.

You can use the the filter row at the top of your Customers and Contacts List to see any jobs.  If I type Barney's into the Contact / Customer / Company filter row I get a list of any jobs for Barney's Bakery plus the parent record for Barney's Bakery.

Blake C:
    I'm not understanding how a single dropdown on a Customer relates to multiple Jobs.

This drop down is a field in the customer table called ParentFullName - when this is filled in we have a link.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)