Method Community

Customers reflect a balance of 0

Last post 11-16-2012 3:18 PM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2012 4:47 PM

Customers reflect a balance of 0

How come my Customers reflect a balance of zero even though they have numurous jobs assigned to them that have a balance that has not been paid. In Quickbooks, the customers that have jobs with balances reflect an overall balance of all jobs in the Customer. Shouldnt this be the same in Method? How can I correct this to show each customers overall balance instead of the incorrect balance of 0.

• 10-09-2012 11:13 AM In reply to

Re: Customers reflect a balance of 0

dottie:
    Shouldnt this be the same in Method?

We try to mimic the QB look and feel as much as possible on our screens.  The balance field on the Customers and Contact list is just the balance for each contact and is not totaling all jobs here.  While I don't know the SQL code for this, you could use a SQL Override to force the grid to display a total balance for all jobs.  

~C

• 11-02-2012 12:29 PM In reply to

Having trouble with this one. I need our contacts/customers to reflect the balance and payments for all the jobs we have with them and have the total balance to be correct just as it is in quickbooks. The indivual job balances and transactions are correct, not sure if I can customize the total balance for customer without having issues later with the balance per job that are just fine. Shouldn't the total customer balances automatically sync from quickbooks? not sure why this requires customiazation but any input how to fix this please?

Also is it possible to add an extra column in the transactions grid to reflect the invoice amounts before taxes are calculated?

• 11-16-2012 7:50 AM In reply to

I looked into this further and I see that my transaction grid only reflects payments received. It does not have invoices sales orders and all other transaction that pertain to the job in the edit customer screen. The onlly "type" available is received paymemts. Can you point me in the right direction to add the other transactions with the option of filtering.

• 11-16-2012 3:11 PM In reply to

Hi Dottie,

Could you possibly send me a screen shot or two around what you are trying to accomplish?  Is this a custom screen?  I would think a filter by view would accomplish this.  How is the grid currently being filtered? Or is it?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-16-2012 3:18 PM In reply to

Sorry forgot to include my email: a.lyons@methodintegration.com

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration