Method Community

Mapping

Last post 11-09-2012 1:29 PM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2012 4:34 PM

Mapping

Using the Default Field Service Calender Screen the mapping interface does not put the addresses in order like they are scheduled, i cannot seem to figure this out, any suggesstions

also our calender speed is VERY SLOW especially after 4pmest every day

• 11-09-2012 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: Mapping

Innovative:
    Using the Default Field Service Calender Screen the mapping interface does not put the addresses in order like they are scheduled, i cannot seem to figure this out, any suggesstions

How are you calling the map?  Is it from the Field Service Center > Work Order list screen?  The actions here loop through the checked rows on the grid and build a list of address - from my testing this list matches the order they were in on the grid.  There's an option to Optimize the route which might be happening here.  I'll test the maping feature here to confirm this.

~C

• 11-09-2012 11:23 AM In reply to

I've tested the mapping feature for Chad. It works as it's supposed to.

Perhaps by order scheduled, do you mean the scheduled due date? You can click on the Due Date End column and it will sort the work orders by the due date. This goes for any column in the grid.
    You can then click the mapping feature and it will map according to the order listed in the grid.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-09-2012 12:14 PM In reply to

I dont see an option to pull up mapping addresses by a grid?  we are using the factory Calendar screen cllicking map on day view with one user. all appts on calendar are in order by date

when they go to mapp they are not in order.  where else can i do this other than the calender

• 11-09-2012 12:38 PM In reply to

Innovative:
    also our calender speed is VERY SLOW especially after 4pmest every day

Calendar speed is determined by the number of objects on the calendar, if you've got lots of objects on a calendar then it may be slow depending.  Do you have more objects on screen after 4pm?  This could be the reason it's slow at the same time every day.

~C

• 11-09-2012 1:29 PM In reply to

Answer

Sorry, my apologies.  I misread your original post.

You can find the grid by going to Field Service Center > Work Order List.  This will list all of the existing work orders.  From there you can use Filter by view and setup the date range to the work orders you want listed.

work order list

Could you try from that screen and see if the results change?  

Also, could you give us a bit more detail?  Perhaps the number of items and the number of resources they are assigned to?

I would suggest using the Work Order List screen as a better place to map  from.  It provides more detail about the individual jobs.  Also, the calendar view can get confusing when jobs start to overlap each other.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)