Method Community

update to opportunities table

Last post 11-15-2012 10:33 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2012 2:52 PM

update to opportunities table

I need to do an update to my opportunities table.  The fields I want to update are: Amount, ExpectedRevenue, CloseDate, and OpportunityStage (and OpportunityStageCategory), and ProbabilityPercent.  I did an export to CSV of all the fields in the opportunity table, updated the aforementioned fields with the correct info, and then re-imported the entire file.  Instead of updating existing records the import created duplicates.

Please tell me exactly which fields I need to include in the spreadsheet so I can make this work.

Thanks, Shaun

• 11-14-2012 3:30 PM In reply to

Re: update to opportunities table

H

i Shaun,

What you have to do is make sure that you include the exported RecordID field when you import back into Method.  This will allow the import tool to locate the existing records and attempt to update them, as opposed to creating new ones.  Also, ensure that you have the following checkbox checked:

Hope this helps.

EDIT - I'm assuming you know what a RecordID is and why its neccessary.  For anybody who may want a little background info, the RecordID acts as identifier for each record in the table.  The RecordID is unique within the table.  No two records will ever have the same RecordID.  What this does is it allows Method to locate each individual record in the table.  This is very much like a VIN number on a car.  No two cars will have the same VIN number.  When exporting and importing, it is important to include this field as it allows Method to locate and update the appropriate record.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-14-2012 5:43 PM In reply to

thank you.  this worked. i forgot to check the button to "update".

i've noticed that when editing an opportunity, if i change the stage of the opportunity to one in the "closed" category--closed lost, closed won, etc.--the date in the CloseDate field automatically populates to today's date.  how can i make this so the date automatically changes to today's date for ALL my stages including the one's in "open" categories?

on the NewOpportunity screen i want the CloseDate to remain blank thus forcing the user to enter a date. I've figured out how to do this.  It's on the EditOpportunity screen that I want the date to automatically populate when changing the stage.

Thanks, Shaun

• 11-15-2012 10:33 AM In reply to

Answer

swm023:

how can i make this so the date automatically changes to today's date for ALL my stages including the one's in "open" categories?.......It's on the EditOpportunity screen that I want the date to automatically populate when changing the stage.

Shaun,

You can do this by creating a conditional statement in the Stage dropdown action list.  That dropdown is already set to put today's date into the 'Closed Date' field when the dropdown contains closed.  With a slight alteration (does not contain closed) it can put the date into the field on any open stage.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)