Method Community

Entity Duplicate Conflicts

Last post 11-27-2012 8:48 AM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2012 2:17 PM

Entity Duplicate Conflicts

I don't know if this is a known issue but there is a common conflict that is generated due to a duplicate entity.

Method will show a warning if you attempt to save a duplicate entity.   For example,  if a customer named "Practice Test" already exists in Method and you attempt to enter a new customer named "Practice Test", method will show the warning the same as QuickBooks.

The problem is, if a customer named "Practice Test" already exists in Method and you enter a new customer named "Test, Practice" (or vice versa), method accepts this but a conflict is created because QuickBooks sees this as a duplicate customer/entity.  The problem is then compounded because the Method user can then use this customer to create invoices, work orders, etc. When the conflict is resolved typically by deleting the duplicate the existing invoices, work orders, etc are orphaned.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 11-26-2012 4:26 PM In reply to

Re: Entity Duplicate Conflicts

Hi Mark,

I was able to create the conflict.  I'll put this into our dev team and update this thread.  Thanks.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-27-2012 8:48 AM In reply to

Re: Entity Duplicate Conflicts

Answer

Hi Mark,

I heard back from the dev team.  They are aware of this.  We try our best to match Quickbooks logic when accepting a save and passing on to Quickbooks.  In this instance, despite our best efforts, the conflict is created.  There is no resolution or fix at this time.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)