Method Community

Frustrated with Report Designer!!!

Last post 12-11-2012 9:04 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2012 8:11 AM

Frustrated with Report Designer!!!

I have been trying to do a custom invoice for a week now.  I am so frustrated with the behavior of the Report Designer and the lack of documentation on how to use it!

I have been having trouble with two group headers mysteriously changing places.  Last night, somehow, I was able to get them back in the right order, however the GroupHeader2 wasn't printing on the invoice, which I have yet to figure out why.  But I got them back in the right order!  I made sure to SAVE it at that moment when it was correct.  Then I closed down the REport Designer.  I just opened it back up this morning and the GroupHeaders are mixed up again.  The options to move them up and down are greyed out, as they have been before.  I don't understand, 1) WHY they switched AFTER I saved the template, 2) WHY are the options to move them greyed out, and 3) WHY the second GroupHeader is not printing!!!  

Is there somewhere you can point me to better documentation on how this works so I can figure out what I've done wrong?

Thanks,
    Karen Dellaripa 

• 12-11-2012 9:04 AM In reply to

Re: Frustrated with Report Designer!!!

Answer

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting frustrated.  The Report Designer is actually developed by DevExpress.  They have documentation here and a Support site that you can check out.  Perhaps the support site at DevExpress can shed some light.  I'll also ask the team here if they've run into these issues before.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)