Method Community

API call to Document Tables

Last post 01-14-2013 1:04 PM by Method_David. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2013 10:47 AM

API call to Document Tables

Hey guys,

I just updated my account to the new CRM pro to take advantage of the Documents table.

We are trying to make API calls to the new table but are getting this error.

"Failure. The API could not validate your log in.  Please make sure you have entered the correct Company Account, User and Password, and that each are spelt correctly.  Also, ensure that this User has been configured for Method API access by going to Customize > Users, editing the User, and ensuring that there is a check in the 'Is Allowed to Connect via MethodAPI' checkbox."

I double checked and the user has access. In fact , he can make calls to the other tables just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 01-14-2013 11:29 AM In reply to

Re: API call to Document Tables

Also, for clarification,

We are able to do other MethodAPI calls on the table, just not insert.

We can call method to get all the fields for the table, but Iwe still get the error when trying to insert a record.

Thanks for the help,

Bryan

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 01-14-2013 11:52 AM In reply to

Hi handcrafted,

In your string array of insert columns or your string array of insert values....are any of the values null?

Dave

• 01-14-2013 12:00 PM In reply to

That's it!

Thank you!

• 01-14-2013 1:04 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi handcrafted and Dominic Riccetti,

An update was just released for the API, now when there is a null value in the string array you should get back a message indicating one of the values in the array is blank rather than the standard your login has failed message

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)